Philips Hue system on it's way out?

larryllix

I was quite surprised to see the Home Depot dedicated Philips lightbulb shelves being dominated with WiFi devices.

I wonder if they are testing the market to see if their cheaper line of WiFi bulbs will sell over their Hue line. There was various white only bulbs and RGBW bulbs on the shelf at much more attractive and competitive pricing than the overpriced Hue styles.

Of course in a culture shift, for Philips, no central hub is required. That may put them on the main part of the market, also.

The 1600 lumen bulb is tickling my fancy.

1514941129_PhilipsWiFibulbs.thumb.jpg.10cd7fbeab27aa6886103db7e0b1703b.jpg

Edited by larryllix
13 minutes ago, larryllix said:

I was quite surprised to see the Home Depot dedicated Philips lightbulb shelves being dominated with WiFi devices.

I wonder if they are testing the market to see if their cheaper line of WiFi bulbs will sell over their Hue line. There was various white only bulbs and RGBW bulbs on the shelf at much more attractive and competitive pricing than the overpriced Hue styles.

Of course in a culture shift, for Philips, no central hub is required. That may put them on the main part of the market, also.

The 1600 lumen bulb is tickling my fancy.

1514941129_PhilipsWiFibulbs.thumb.jpg.10cd7fbeab27aa6886103db7e0b1703b.jpg

I've been seeing their wifi line for quite some time. With the amount of new hue products coming to the market, i doubt it's on its way out. If anything, i see them just expanding their wares to other markets

1 hour ago, upstatemike said:

I tried one of the Wiz Wi-Fi bulbs and did not like it. There is no color saturation and everything is just pastel shades. Not acceptable by any standard.

Sounds like Philips is trying their original crap they tried with the Hue line. My Hue bulbs all had only three LEDs and could not possibly create any green light using the LED colours  used. Definitely an engineering design defect but somebody likely thought it would be cheaper.  At $70 per bulb I expected a much better product or a refund.

Edited by larryllix