Zoom meeting with Ken Friday

ryarber

Excellent idea. Are you planning on participating in the Zoom call, if so...............

1. What are his plans for a PLM, USB, serial, or both?

2. What products does he plan on restocking?

3. What is a realistic time frame for product availability?

4., Has he addressed the component failures that plagued the past Insteon devices?

Edited by Techman
  • Like 1

Since UDI people all seemed to be treated as not even in the running, and ignored in the past, I would like to know where UDI/PLM people rate in Insteon's new world.

If we are still going to be treated as non-existent, maybe most of us should just go away sooner than later.

I don't mind using an Insteon Hub and Insteon Website/app to configure my Insteon devices if it means I can leverage my Insteon investment (which was severely reduced in my move).

I will even pay a monthly fee for Insteon access assuming it's reasonable, but that will simply hasten my transition to ZWave or RadioRA3.

But it only makes sense if the hub has an API that allows integration with smarthome integration platforms (e.g., Polisy, Smart Things, Home Assistant, etc.)

Edited by Goose66
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Goose66 said:

Is this meeting open or invitation only?

This is the email I received. I think it was sent out to everyone on their mailing list.

Hi all,

You didn’t hear from me for a while and, now, twice in two weeks.  

As I have said, listening to the Insteon Family is important to us.  As such, I am pleased to announce our first ‘Lunch with Insteon’ webinar this Friday at 12pm PDT. It will be a great chance to get updates on the company and ask questions.  In addition, we will be covering some of the most common product questions. I hope you can join us! To register, please click on the zoom link below (Please note space is limited). 

As always, thanks for your patience and supporting us on the journey and I look forward to meeting some of you on Friday.

1 hour ago, Goose66 said:

Is this meeting open or invitation only?

I had a email from one of my friends that is a Moderator on the Insteon Forums. He said the available openings where all gone. When he tried to join.  Ask me if I had joined, I had not. But if  I had any data I would send it to him

59 minutes ago, Brian H said:

I had a email from one of my friends that is a Moderator on the Insteon Forums. He said the available openings where all gone. When he tried to join.  Ask me if I had joined, I had not. But if  I had any data I would send it to him

Interesting they ran out of space.  I wonder what the constraint is/was.  I have no idea the costs associated with "large" webinars or zoom presentations-- but I think I would have chosen a scaling space/platform that would enlarge to fit the crowd.

That said I did fill out the form as soon as it popped up and got in. (I originally saw it from a tweet or reddit post, but also did get the email as well.)

Interesting they ran out of space.  I wonder what the constraint is/was.  I have no idea the costs associated with "large" webinars or zoom presentations-- but I think I would have chosen a scaling space/platform that would enlarge to fit the crowd.
That said I did fill out the form as soon as it popped up and got in. (I originally saw it from a tweet or reddit post, but also did get the email as well.)
Scalping forum is just around the corner.

:)

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

Did anybody get into this? Sounds like ISY was discussed quite a bit during the session.

Steve Lee was one of three panelist and he mentioned it a couple times even in last 20 minutes cast in a good light.

They don’t necessarily want hub users. That was not the business model. I missed first part for a work meeting but they were referring to Insteon line and the strength of the true dusk mesh network snd navigation of the supply chain. I’m sure the first half had great information. It was recorded so I hope it will get posted soon.

EDIT. LINK. Sound sucks. It’s third party capture

• Like 1

Most of the time was geared towards hub users, which is understandable to give those people a little confidence.

ISY was mentioned many times by Steve, in a good light, and said the Hub will never be as good as the ISY, just that the Hub user is a more simple user.

Ken said shipments of products are arriving soon and will be in the on line store, wouldn't say which ones.

Ken said many times that they want to be different and work closer with 3rd parties, like UDI.  But they only took question submissions thru the Zoom ask questions interface and I put all questions asked here out there and nothing was said about PLM plans, improving failures, or a public API.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, JimboAutomates said:

Ken said many times that they want to be different and work closer with 3rd parties, like UDI.  But they only took question submissions thru the Zoom ask questions interface and I put all questions asked here out there and nothing was said about PLM plans, improving failures, or a public API.

I had to listen to the call on the go today, but I thought I heard Ken mention at the beginning of the call that they are setting up a plan to repair PLMs just like they did for hubs. Or did I mishear?

1 hour ago, MrBill said:

Here's the Official link from Insteon for the zoom replay.

Use passcode PIi?pR2b

Much better sound and visible people. I wonder how all the overpowering ambience got removed. Steve Lee was a bit better with curtain behind him to absorb much of the echo. Of course I am sure there are digital algorithm to remove some of it. My Amazon echo can only hear you if you are the furthest across the room you can get. The close ones hardly ever answer. :(