Temp in version 3.5.0

garybixler
Go to solution Solved by Jimbo.Automates,

Just install ELK version 3.5.0 and discovered that it is reading temperatures. One zone reads the temp fine but another zone always shows -40 until I do a query and then it reads correctly but reverts back to -40 about 2 seconds later. I made sure poll voltage is set to true and did a restart but still reads -40. I also see -40 in the NS CLITEMP for that node. Also checked ElkRP2 and they are defined the same. Zone 8 and 9 on the main board.

Thanks for the temp. Will gladly provide additional info.

Thanks Gary

Great, glad it's kinda working.  I don't have a zone with temperature so it's hard to test it thoroughly.   I'm not sure if the zones need to be polled, of if temperature changes will be pushed.  Please set log to "Debug + Modules" then query the node, wait for it to go back to -40 then download log package and PM that to me.  Although I've heard that PM might be broken now on the forums, so you can email it to me, same as my user name here at gmail.

I think all is OK. After bringing up the admin console from being down for awhile I see the zone is now reading the temp ok. I did restart the admin console after upgrading the Elk NS to 3.5.0 but am now on version 3.5.1. It must have upgraded when I did a restart to see if that would fix the problem.  So right now it is all working on V 3.5.1. 

Thanks so much for the temps.

Thanks Gary

Note:  3.5.2 isn't available yet but will upgrade when available.

Edited by garybixler