Remove Insteon Device without Causing a Comms Error?

gwarthur

This has probably been asked many times before, but here goes:

I recently bought an ApplianceLinc to control an oil-filled heater. I then linked it to the ISY-99 and added a simple scene to turn it on and off.

When the weather warms up, the heater will go into the attic, the ApplianceLinc will take the summer off and I will mark the control scene as inactive.

But if I just unplug the ApplianceLinc and throw it in a drawer, the the ISY-99 will nag me that it can't communicate with it every time I access its browser page.

Here is my question:

Is there a way to temporarily 'suspend' control and polling of an absent Insteon device so that my -99 will not attempt to verify communications with it, fail, and hit me with a "Cannot Communicate with..." popup each time it starts? -gwarthur

Hi gwarthur,

Yes, in 2.7.7 and above, right mouse click on the device and then click on Disable.

With kind regards,

Michel

This has probably been asked many times before, but here goes:

I recently bought an ApplianceLinc to control an oil-filled heater. I then linked it to the ISY-99 and added a simple scene to turn it on and off.

When the weather warms up, the heater will go into the attic, the ApplianceLinc will take the summer off and I will mark the control scene as inactive.

But if I just unplug the ApplianceLinc and throw it in a drawer, the the ISY-99 will nag me that it can't communicate with it every time I access its browser page.

Here is my question:

Is there a way to temporarily 'suspend' control and polling of an absent Insteon device so that my -99 will not attempt to verify communications with it, fail, and hit me with a "Cannot Communicate with..." popup each time it starts? -gwarthur

Archived