Bond Bridge Node Server won't discover devices

Chris McKean
Go to solution Solved by Goose66,

When I logged into Polisy Pro today, it suggested upgrading the bond bridge node server to 3.0.10 by restarting the node server. I restarted and it temporarily shows 3.0.10, but then reverts to 3.0.9 after it restarts.  I've done this mulitple times and it does this every time.

I have 16 devices, but the only thing that gets discovered is the primary bond bridge.

I've added the custom configuration parameters suggested in the 3.0.10 release notes, but still the only thing it finds is the bond bridge.

I've powered down the bond bridge and then powered back up before running discovery, but the node server only finds the bond bridge.

Any ideas?

thanks,

I will need to see a log, but my suspicion is that you upgraded your Bond Bridge Firmware to 3.X but since your node server is staying at 3.0.9, it is failing. The 3.0.10 version of the node server was primarily to fix a change introduced in the 3.X Bond firmware. What I don't understand is why all your devices are gone. Did you delete them before you upgraded the Bond node server?

I will need to see a log package to understand why the Bond node server is not updating to 3.0.10. Please DM me your logs.

Edited by Goose66

The problem is indeed that you have the 3.X version of the Bond firmware but the older version of the node server. There are a couple of other posts in the forum in regard to this error, and v3.0.10 fixes it. 

Have you tried going to the node server store and manually upgrading the node server? I see no indication in either log that Polyglot is trying to install the new version of the node server.

The bond bridge firmware is at version 3.3.19, which is the latest version.  I upgraded the bond bridge firmware yesterday, but it was running at 3.3.13 (I believe) before the update.  Is it possible that the firmware update is causing this?

This morning (per your suggestion), I deleted the bond node server from both the Polisy Pro ISY as well as my ISY 994i.  I then went to the node server store and installed the Bond node server just on the Polisy Pro ISY.  The node server store shows that the version in the store is 3.0.10, but when I look at the installed version on the Polisy Pro ISY, it shows the version to be 3.0.9.

I then tried to discover the devices, got the error message that I needed to reboot the bond bridge.  Did that, and then ran discovery again.  It found the bond bridge, but none of the devices.  I went to the Polisy Pro iSY admin console and the bond bridge is there, but no devices.

I have the bond app on my ipad and all of my devices are showing there.

Yes, the error is caused by the fact that the 3.X firmware on the Bond Bridge introduced something in the API that breaks the 3.0.9 version of the node server. So the problem here is that you can't upgrade to the 3.0.10 version, but I don't understand what the problem could be. Others were able to successfully upgrade to version 3.0.10 without problems.

What version of PG3 are you running?

57 minutes ago, Chris McKean said:

Version of PG3 is 3.0.63

@Chris McKean  If you're running IoP to update:

1. log into the IoP Admin Console
  2. click "Configuration tab"
  3. click "Upgrade Packages" 
  4. wait for several beeps from the Polisy. (If you cannot hear beeps from your location wait a long time!)

Please review these posts: