Switchbot. Interesting Product

CPrince

This was a few months back.  So I get this email from a company called SwitchBot.  I think it just came off some sort of crowd funding.  I clicked on the link https://us.switch-bot.com/.  (actually the current link).  I watched a demo about a guy that gets in his car and sets his phone in a charger and the the car adapts to his previous driver preferences.  Cool.  I have no need for this.  But still.  I say what the heck.  I read on and end up ordering 2 SwitchBots for a crazy low price.  These things can be configured in numerous ways.  The easiest is Blue Tooth and an App on your smart phone.  From here you can make this thing toggle or pulse a switch.  Why do I need to do this when I have  Insteon?  Well there are other things you can use it for. They do some demos on coffee pots and the like. You can even set up a schedule on the device itself to toggle or pule a switch.  Okay sort of lame.  To really bring out more features you need to add a hub.  Here we go another device, App and interface.  So the other day I was messing with Home Assistant.  Home Assistant will take the place of the hub.  So you get where I am going.  Home Assistant becomes the real interface.  This company offers way more than a switch interface.  Look them up.  They do blinds, doors, locks, etc.  I am not getting paid for this; I just wanted to put it out there.

image.png.0b977d4554fa95fe1fc480b21113d853.png

• Like 1