My Polisy is behaving like a brick

someguy

My polisy and isy are not reachable on my network.  I was in the process of trying to upgrade my polisy software and must have done something wrong because now my ISYonPolisy and my Polisy are not on my network.  I’ve tried restarting both of them and restarting my network.  It is a hard-wired connection and I restarted the switch that the Polisy is plugged into, as well.  I have a backup of my ISY that I took but don’t have a backup of my Polisy that I know of.  the left light of the Polisy is lit up green and the other two are off.  The port that the internet is plugged into is solid yellow on one side and flashing green on the other.  I have NOT used a paperclip to try to upgrade the unit but would be happy to try that.

i also tried turning off the port forwarding and the IP address reservation on my router, then restarting my router and then pressing the "multifunction button" on the Polisy.  as I held in the multifunction button, nothing happens to the green lights.  they are apparently supposed to start flashing, one at a time but the left light just remained on while i was holding in the button.  

Edited by someguy
added detail.

If you turned off the DHCP reservation you may want to try power cycling your polisy and then look in your router IP assignment list after a few minutes.

Your ping shows nobody home at that IP address so assume your polisy has changed IP addresses for some reason. Ethernet ports are all suppose to respond to a ping signal with a pong response. Nothing did.

Why do you have port forwarding on?

Edited by larryllix

I had these exact same symptoms a few days ago after an update. Turns out there was a problem with the udi repositories which were fixed so this should not have happened if you just did an update today. You need to open a support ticket and have Michel determine the cause.

• Like 2