Triggering a program from a KPL or RemoteLinc button

simonw

I 'm trying unsuccessfully to run an empty program's "then" path when I push one button, and the "else" path when I push another button. I don't care if I use a KPL secondary button or a RemoteLinc. (ideally both) There are no devices to control directly, I'm just trying to create a flag program and set it "true" or "false".

Prog 1: If Control KPL.A is Switched On then Run Program MyBoolean (Then Path)

Prog 2: If Control KPL.B is Switched On then Run Program MyBoolean (Else Path)

But it doesn't work. I can watch the current state of the buttons toggle on/off in the Main secrtion of the admin console, and it looks OK in the Event Viewer Level 3, so I'm getting the button signals but the program's state never changes.

If I make a scene and put a LampLinc in, I can control the light, but not trigger a program.

Running 2.7.6 // PLM Info says v. 85

Maybe relevant: Should I upgrade to 2.7.11? I have a v2 thermostat and some dual-band LampLincs ...

Thanks for your help, Michel.

In case anybody else sees this, I'll just let you know that my (newbie) problem was having the program inside a folder where I had forgotten a folder condition that stopped the program running. D'oh!

This does work with Control if you want it to, like with motion sensors.

My 2.7.11 upgrade went smoothly.

Thanks for your help, Michel.

In case anybody else sees this, I'll just let you know that my (newbie) problem was having the program inside a folder where I had forgotten a folder condition that stopped the program running. D'oh!

This does work with Control if you want it to, like with motion sensors.

My 2.7.11 upgrade went smoothly.

I'm trying to trigger a Scene based on a button push on the RemoteLinc. I previously used the top bank of buttons 1-3 to setup different scenes in the home. But I don't seem to be able to trigger a scene with my remote link

here is the same program. (have been able to trigger it with other conditions like X10 A1 ON.

If
  Status ‘Remotetinc - 2’ is off
or control ‘RemoteLinc’ is switched on
Or Status ‘RemoteLinc - 2’ is On
or Control ‘RemoteLinc - 2’ is switched Off
Or Control ‘RemoteLinc - 2’ is switched Fast On
Or Control ‘RemoteLinc - 2’ is switched Fast Off
or control ‘RemoteLinc - 2’ is switched Fade Up
Or control ‘Remotelinc - 2’ is switched Fade Down

Then
Set Scene ‘scene - Theater OFF / Bedtime’ On

Else
- No Actions - (To add one, press ‘Action')

Thoughts on what I'm missing, I want to do this in a program so I can leverage the trigger to do other task like send X10 messages.

Thanks,

Bobby

iceberg5xx,

I am curious about the difference between buttons remotelinc and remotelinc-2? Did you intend your second "if" line to be a different button that all the rest? Perhaps, also, a statement about your intention for this program would help. What are you attempting to achieve?

Also, you state that you are using buttons 1-3 to trigger various scenes in your house. Is 'remotelinc - 2' one of those buttons 1-3? Is it possible that 'remotelinc - 2' is a controller of one scene yet a program trigger of another?

Barring conflicting scene controls, I wonder if whether you have so many "if" conditions that they are competing with each other. Why do you include both status and control? My instinct is to start fresh with your conditions, to see if you can trigger the scene with a simple:

If control 'Remotelinc-2' is switched on.

If this works, then add the other conditions until you find the one that breaks your program.

Sorry, I sent this very late an it may not have been very clear :)

I started with this program:

If
       X10 'O10/Off (11)' is Received
    Or Control 'DNR, Chandler (D)' is switched Fast Off
    Or Control 'RemoteLinc - 2' is switched Off

Then
       Set Scene 'Scene - Theater OFF ' On
       Set 'KIT, Rope Lights (D/N8)' Off
       Set 'LVR, Tower Bookcase (R/L13)' Off

Else
  - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

When it was not working from the RemoteLinc, I started removing actions and adding additional OR cases for the RemoteLinc in attempt to get it to trigger the action. After posting my message I noticed that I was not seeing status updated from the RemoteLinc in the "Main" panel, so before going to bed I decided to run FILE > Restore Devices.

This morning when I tried the RemoteLinc again, it worked... So I'm not sure what caused my issue, be a "Restore/Rebuild" of my Insteon Network seemed to solve it.

I reverted back to my original program posted above, and all is running smoothly.

My Goal is to use each of the top three buttons w/State on the RemoteLinc as 6 "triggers" for Scenes I have created.

Thanks,

Bobby

Archived