Door sensor fiasco

EWhite

i have completely confused myself on this.. i know its something stupid i am missing...

i want to have door sensors send me a notification, but only when i am NOT home.

what i have so far is still sending notifications even when i am home.

Doors  - [ID 0004][Parent 0001]

If
        'Presence Controller / my_phone' On Network is False
    And 'Presence Controller / my_phone' On Network is not True
    And (
             'Front Door Sensor' Status is On
          Or 'Back Door Sensor' Status is On
          Or 'GarageHouseDoor- Door Sensor' Status is On
          Or 'GarageBackDoor- Door Sensor' Status is On
        )

Then
        Send Notification to 'Mail'

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

what am i missing....brain fried...and thanks

I don't see how it would be causing a problem, but I'm curious why you have both "On Network is False" and "On Network is not True".  I've only ever seen "not True" included in an IF when there is something in the ELSE that is supposed to run upon a TRUE state, but you don't have anything in the ELSE.

My thoughts are the same as those already here... get rid of the "is not true" line, and check the actual status of 'Presence Controller / my_phone' On Network node.   (I don't have that node server so I'm note sure how it's detecting that or what the delay would be.)

9 hours ago, EWhite said:

i removed the "not true" line...

double checked that presence controller is showing true...go open door and get an email still...

what the heck is going on ???

For situations like yours, i keep my programs in a folder with the condition attached to it.

If presence is false then allow programs to run. 

11 hours ago, EWhite said:

i removed the "not true" line...

double checked that presence controller is showing true...go open door and get an email still...

what the heck is going on ???

do you have another program that's sending it? Perhaps when testing or experimenting?   If you only have a few programs that's easy to answer, if you have a lot right click a program name and search for the door sensor and/or use Raw Text and search for "Notification" without the quotes and with a capital N.  Also check the program summary tab and the Last Run Time column.

• Like 1