Can't Authenticate Node Server (Google blocks)

gzahar

@bpwwer

After clicking the authenticate message, Google responds with the following message:

Access blocked: Holidays Google Node Server’s request is invalid

You can’t sign in because Holidays Google Node Server sent an invalid request. You can try again later, or contact the developer about this issue. Learn more about this error
If you are a developer of Holidays Google Node Server, see error details.
Error 400: invalid_request

-----------------------------------------------
More about this error:

Access blocked: Third-party app is using an unsupported OAuth method

Google has safe ways for users to sign in and share their Google Account data with third-party applications. To help protect your account, Google sign-in requests are blocked from apps with less secure authorization methods because they’re more vulnerable to phishing and app impersonation attacks.

Learn more about how your data is shared with third-party apps

App sent an invalid request

If the app is blocked because it uses an unsupported authorization method, you may be directed to an “Error 400” page that says “Access blocked: App sent an invalid request.”

I get the same thing.  I'm not the developer of this node server.  I don't believe it is being maintained any longer so if Google changed something that breaks it, then it will probably need to be removed from the store.

• 3 months later...
On 11/7/2022 at 6:08 PM, bpwwer said:

I get the same thing.  I'm not the developer of this node server.  I don't believe it is being maintained any longer so if Google changed something that breaks it, then it will probably need to be removed from the store.

I see you just made some changes to the authentication process of this node server.

After updating to the new version, I am getting "Not authenticated or invalid authentication".

The "Authenticate" button, takes me through Google approval process, but still get blue banner noted above after returning and restarting node server.

Is this the expected authentication process or is the desktop workaround still needed (those detailed instructions are now gone).

1 hour ago, gzahar said:

I see you just made some changes to the authentication process of this node server.

After updating to the new version, I am getting "Not authenticated or invalid authentication".

The "Authenticate" button, takes me through Google approval process, but still get blue banner noted above after returning and restarting node server.

Is this the expected authentication process or is the desktop workaround still needed (those detailed instructions are now gone).

Are you on eisy or Polisy? I've prematurely released the fix that works with pg3 but it hasn't made it to pg3x yet. 

32 minutes ago, firstone said:

Are you on eisy or Polisy? I've prematurely released the fix that works with pg3 but it hasn't made it to pg3x yet. 

PG3 (Polisy)

Edit: I see now that you submitted the updates and not Bob.  If you are talking about the changes 3 days ago, that is what broke it for me.  Was working before using the desktop workaround.

Edited by gzahar
  • 3 weeks later...

Firestone

I am on Eisy IOX ver 5.5.9, Polyglot ver 3.1.23.

My Authentication does not work. After I click Authentication it will go through the process and when I click Continue it will go back to Polyglot but still will display Not Authenticated or invalid authentication.

image.png

I don't know if this helps, but when I installed this wonderful nodeserver, when I click on the authenticate link I do that with right click and  "Open link on new tab".  That way I can easily do a copy paste of the authentication code into the nodeserver configuration.

Edited by asbril
1 hour ago, Kajtek said:

@Asbril

Where do you see the authentication code? When I click continue it will not show any code, just go back to polyglot

I see your issue. The setup has changed since I did it a long time ago. I tried with another Google account that I have and it did not work. I suggest that you ask the developer Firstone. He has been very helpful to me whenever needed.

I vaguely remember that Google may have made changes to (some of) their API's.

I hope that you get it to work. It is the nodeserver that I use most and if you need some guidance on how to use it (once you have it authenticated) then don't hesitate to contact me.

Edited by asbril
8 hours ago, asbril said:

I hope that you get it to work. It is the nodeserver that I use most and if you need some guidance on how to use it (once you have it authenticated) then don't hesitate to contact me.

Thank you. I used it a lot but I migrated to Eisy when my Polisy failed and now it does not work.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Yes, I have experienced this also. The only fix I found was to shutdown eisy and restart. If that doesn't work, then power down, remove the power for 30 seconds and then power back up.

That seems to fix the issue.

It does not work for me. I not only did what you did. I also reset my eisy to factory settings and started from scratch. I even do not remember how many times I rebooted, removed power.  I also found that after any rebooting for whatever reason I needed to remove power and connect again otherwise connection with portal did not always work.

1 minute ago, Kajtek said:

It does not work for me. I not only did what you did. I also reset my eisy to factory settings and started from scratch. I even do not remember how many times I rebooted, removed power.  I also found that after any rebooting for whatever reason I needed to remove power and connect again otherwise connection with portal did not always work.

I apologize, I misunderstood the issue and deleted my previous post.

35 minutes ago, Kajtek said:

Thank you. I used it a lot but I migrated to Eisy when my Polisy failed and now it does not work.

I wonder whether you can get the authtentication code from the Google API site. That is how the authentication works with the  Home Assistant Integration for the Google calendar.