Can't install Admin Console on Windows 11

RGKS

Old thread here but...I just went through this horrible attempt to update and then install the newest IoX Launcher again.

It took me over 30 minutes to find out how to install this gadget again. I thought the idea of the ISY Launcher was so we wouldn't have to keep updating the Launcher and yet here we are back to ISY v4.xx again, having to delete everything and reload the correct Launcher again???  I thought that was fixed to automatically match the launcher to the ISY version??

What have I missed?

@larryllixI had a similar issue when commissioning a new desktop.  What resolved my issue was to:

• Disable Norton (both auto protect and firewall)
  • Remove Java
  • Reboot
  • Download and Reinstall Java
  • Add universal-devices and your IOX to the security exceptions list in the java control panel
  • Add -Xmx1g (or whatever you require size wise) to the runtime parameter in the java control panel
  • Download a new start.jnlp
  • Unblock the start.jnlp in your downloads (Right Click / Properties / Unblock)
  • Run start.jnlp
  • If all works as expected:
  • reboot and try Finder again without disabling Norton

I suspect there's a norton vs. oracle installer issue...

8 hours ago, BigMojo said:

@larryllixI had a similar issue when commissioning a new desktop.  What resolved my issue was to:

• Remove Java
  • Reboot
  • Download and Reinstall Java
  • Add universal-devices and your IOX to the security exceptions list in the java control panel
  • Add -Xmx1g (or whatever you require size wise) to the runtime parameter in the java control panel
  • Download a new start.jnlp
  • Unblock the start.jnlp in your downloads (Right Click / Properties / Unblock)
  • Run start.jnlp
  • If all works as expected:
  • reboot and try Finder again without disabling Norton

I suspect there's a norton vs. oracle installer issue...

I have no problem installing it. I just have problems finding it or instructions how to find it.

Thanks but I don;t run Norton on anything for the last twenty years. It is a virus that interferes with an O/S..

Edited by larryllix
  • 6 months later...