Stuck - Admin Console Not Adding IoP

f11

Could use a little help ... I was following the upgrade process to move everything from my venerable old ISY994 to the shiny blue Polisy Pro, the Polisy showed up in the Admin Console after I used the Add button. Then I did <something> (sorry, can't for the life of me recall the menu item I selected), and Polisy did a bunch of things, then settled down to displaying just its left most LED. Looked totally normal.

After that process, when I run the Admin Console from the desktop IoX Launcher, only my original ISY994 shows up. So I try to Add the IoP as before, but the Console just reports it can't find an ISY at any of these URLs, entered one at a time:

https://192.168.1.23:8443/desc  ...  http://192.168.1.23:8080/desc  ...  http://192.168.1.23

I CAN enter http://192.168.23:3000 into my browser and get to the new Polyglot3 web interface, login in with admin/admin. The IoP ISY MAC was shown, and I was allowed to add the old ISY MAC to the ISY list. Everything else I do keeps telling meI have to "approve' the new IoP in the Admin Console. But if I can't get it to Add to the Console, I'm hooped according to the migration instructions:

Connect to ISY on Polisy (IoP):

Ensure Polisy is running and updates above have been made.  No need to connect to PLM at this point, still in preparation stage.

Open the ISY Finder and see if it finds Polisy. If not, Add the following IP addresses, one at a time: http://myPolisy:8080/desc and https://myPolisy:8443/desc, where myPolisy is your IP address of you Polisy.

Once the Polisy is found, open the Admin Console (Cloud or Lan): [ etc etc ]

I've tried everything I can think of to move forward, but I'm out of ideas: rerun upgrade, reboot Polisy, update Polisy, power cycle Polisy, push that teensy-tiny hard-to-see-with-my-aging-eyes button with a paperclip - JUST ONCE - to check my upgrades are complete, checked my network connection (its good, and I can ping the Polisy and it shows up on my router's wired connections with the correct IP4 and MAC), and on and on.

I know the next step is a Support Ticket (Michael has been a GREAT help in the past). But I was hoping someone here recognized this chicken-and-egg situation and had a simple solution (like, maybe I missed something?). All input MORE than welcome.

Please try upgrade and give 30 minutes for upgrade to complete before trying anything else, after 30 min power cycle if Polisy cannot be found or manually entered into the Finder. There is/was a bug with location publishing after upgrade. If that does not work please open a ticket.

What method for upgrading do you want me to follow:

- single push of front panel button

- ssh into Polisy and follow upgrade process as described here:

<If Polisy is old, you will need to SSH to the Polisy and update it manually. You will need the IP address of your Polisy.

>

- some other method?

1 hour ago, f11 said:

What method for upgrading do you want me to follow:

- single push of front panel button

- ssh into Polisy and follow upgrade process as described here:

<If Polisy is old, you will need to SSH to the Polisy and update it manually. You will need the IP address of your Polisy.

>

- some other method?

Look in the Admin Console|Configuration tab for later polisy versions. The SSH method doesn't function any more.

Um, yeah. As I said, I don't have access to Polisy inside the Admin Console. I can only see the ISY994 in the Console. THATs the problem. Polisy doesn't show up in the Console on its own, and the Add / URL reports that the standard Polisy IP4 address can't be found.

Given what you just said about the SSH upgrade path, I can only assume that Javi meant me to push the button accessible thru the small front-side hole to try an upgrade?

Assuming Javi expected me to use the button inside the small hole to trigger an upgrade, I used my paperclip to push the button once, while the left-most LED alone was lit. These events were observed:

- nothing happened for about 5 sec
- 1 beep, left-most LED stayed lit solid
- two right-most LEDs flashed fast (maybe 2-3 Hz)
- flashing continued for about 30 sec
- 5 evenly spaced beeps
- two right-most LEDs went off,  left-most LED stayed lit solid
- Polisy stayed that way for 5 minutes

Lets say that process ended at midnight. I won't do ANYTHING to the Polisy or any UDI software till morning. We'll see then if it made any difference to getting Polisy to show itself in the Admin Console. If not, then per Javi, its Ticket Time.

Oh, in case its relevant - the serial PLM (2413S) is still connected to the ISY994, which is still controlling the house lights and reporting data gathered from weather and solar energy interfaces. i've rounded up the original Polisy serial cable (9-pin female D-Shell on one end, RJ45 connector on the other). As I understand it, I disconnect the ISY994 from the PLM and connect the PLM to the Polisy via its 9-pin male D-Shell later in the process.

Edited by f11

Nope, after doing the push-the-tiny-button-just-once upgrade, waiting about 8 hours, then launching the Admin Console via the desktop  IoX Launcher, Polisy doesn't appear, nor can Add / URL find Polisy or IoP in the Console. All the Console shows me is the ISY944. And even that takes almost a minute to appear on its own.

So once again, this blue box is sick, and goes "into the shop" in the form of me submitting a ticket. Twice in 6 months. Even if its my fat fingers causing these breakdowns somehow - do I really want something this fragile automating my home? I appreciate some of you are having flawless experiences - good on ya - and that this IS a computer-in-a-box doing some complicated things in a niche hobby arena ... but that hasn't been my experience at all. If Michael hadn't spent hours and hours and countless emails with me last July helping to reflash/resurrect the box from near brain death, it would have been stripped for parts already for other projects I have going.

Talk about frustrating. Off to submit a another ticket. Thx, Javi and larryllix, for trying to help, certainly appreciated!