Another connection issue

Panda88

From what I can see in the log, it is trying to connect to the Envisalink  at 192.168.1.251. Not ever getting to login because the initial socket connection is being refused:

evltpi_dsc:_get_next_cmd_seq: TCP Connection to EnvisaLink unexpectedly closed. Socket error: [Errno 54] Connection reset by peer

The "connection reset by peer" error message has normally been the result of another connection to the Envisalink, e.g. another version of the node server, NodeLink, or some other controller connected to the Envisalink.

If you know there is no longer another process running somewhere that is connecting to the Envisalink, then I would suggest using the web interface of the Envisalink (http://192.168.1.251) to go to "Network" settings then click "Reboot Envisalink."

Edited by Goose66

Are the Polisy and EnvisaLink on the same LAN? If so, then the router/firewall wouldn’t come into play. Also, if the node server couldn’t reach the EnvisLink you would get a timeout on the connect. What’s happening is the node server is connecting to the EnvisaLink and the EnvisaLink is immediately resetting the connection. I’ve only ever seen this when there is another connection to the EnvisaLink.