How often does the ISY poll for internet ip address?

mitch236

This morning I found an inconsistency between my actual outside ip address (internet) and what was reported as my internet ip address by the ISY GUI interface. Does that even matter? My router had the correct ip address and I assume that's all that matters for remote connection to the ISY. Is there a way to have the ISY poll the ip address more often or was this just a glitch? BTW, the actual address was only off by a 0 at the end. IOW, the ISY reported address was xx.xxx.xxx.xx0 where the actual address was xx.xxx.xxx.xx

Hi mitch236,

ISY does not really care what your external IP address is. It simply shows you that IP for your information.

ISY does check for external IP address changes if and only if its own IP configuration has changed.

With kind regards,

Michel

This morning I found an inconsistency between my actual outside ip address (internet) and what was reported as my internet ip address by the ISY GUI interface. Does that even matter? My router had the correct ip address and I assume that's all that matters for remote connection to the ISY. Is there a way to have the ISY poll the ip address more often or was this just a glitch? BTW, the actual address was only off by a 0 at the end. IOW, the ISY reported address was xx.xxx.xxx.xx0 where the actual address was xx.xxx.xxx.xx

Archived