Polisy PG3 Migration - IoX Version Query

giomania

I am currently using a Polisy Pro, and IoX v.5.4.5, and am wondering if I should update to IoX v.5.5.2 in preparation for migration to eisy?

Background

I read the various posts, and understand that the migration tool to go from Polisy PG3 node servers to eisy PG3 is not ready, so I am just waiting until it is. I just want to be able to migrate both the Insteon devices and PG3 node servers at one time. I am currently on IoX v.5.4.5, and while the eisy user guide states that v.5.4.3 is required, I know there might be a caveat in that we should migrate from the same exact version.

Thanks for any insight.

Mark

I am running IoX v.5.5.2 with pg3 3.0.16 on my polisy and it works as is did before upgrading from IoX v.5.4.5.

The upgrade was not necessarily intentionally just did a 'Upgrade Packages' apparently about the same time when it was posted. Not sure I would do it again after seeing how the eisy upgrade went (see below). pg3 seems to work as before.

I received my eisy a few days back and this seems to be a very different story.

Same versions, but pg3 does only connect intermittently (mostly not) - as you mentioned it looks like eisy PG3 is not ready.

All the insteon connections together with the usb PLM work fine. I don't have any z-wave devices so I can't tell.

Edited by Poporo
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, Poporo said:

I received my eisy a few days back and this seems to be a very different story.

Same versions, but pg3 does only connect intermittently (mostly not) - as you mentioned it looks like eisy PG3 is not ready.

While the version number is currently the same, eisy has PG3x vs. the PG3 on Policy.  They have basically the same feature set which is why the version number is the same, but are very different internally.

I struggled with the best way to version PG3x and decided that as long as the feature set remains synced so should the version.

As documented elsewhere, PG3x has a number of known bugs that make it difficult (if not impossible) to get node servers running on it at this point.  I suggest not even trying until 3.1.17 is release.  My current ETA is early next week.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3