eisy WiFi

Techman
Go to solution Solved by Techman,

I'm trying run my eisy on Wi-Fi, on the LAN with limited success. 

Ethernet connection works without issues via UD Mobile and the IoX launcher.

In the eisy Wi-Fi setup, it connects to the System Access Point, and sets the WiFi credentials, but I get an unexpected token error when I try to synchronize. I also show a "System error Unexpected Close. Host unreachable" on the main page. I'm able to see my programs, devices, etc.

Anyone have their eisy on a LAN with a Wi-Fi connection? If so, what ports are you using?

I have my eisy connected through wifi. I used UD Mobile set it up and found when UD Mobile said it was going to connect I had to press the multi function power button 2 times to activate the wifi on eisy.

I'm unclear what settings you are trying to set. The only way I know to set the wifi parameters through UD Mobile is to setup as a new system so you can pass the credentials on to the eisy.

5 hours ago, Techman said:

I'm trying run my eisy on Wi-Fi, on the LAN with limited success. 

Ethernet connection works without issues via UD Mobile and the IoX launcher.

In the eisy Wi-Fi setup, it connects to the System Access Point, and sets the WiFi credentials, but I get an unexpected token error when I try to synchronize. I also show a "System error Unexpected Close. Host unreachable" on the main page. I'm able to see my programs, devices, etc.

Anyone have their eisy on a LAN with a Wi-Fi connection? If so, what ports are you using?

Was this was done from Settings-Tab > WiFi Credentials?   If the system was connected to Portal then ethernet was removed the error is expected. However eisy should have reconnected to portal as soon as the connection to your home WiFi was established. 

Let's first verify eisy received the correct WiFi credentials. Can you see eisy on your WiFi network and is it available in IoX finder?  

If it is not on your home WiFi network you can try WiFi setup again to reset the credentials.  If it is on your home WiFi network what is eisy's firmware version?

@Javi

The setup was done from Settings > Wi-Fi Configuration. I don't see Wi-Fi Credentials.

I have remote Connection Settings access disabled, and Local Connection Settings enabled. The local port is set at 8080. The system was not connected to the Portal.

I reset the network on the eisy and then retried a Wi-Fi configuration. It showed that the Wi-Fi credentials were uploaded to the eisy, but when I try to access the eisy from UD Mobile on the LAN I get an error "Unexpected close, Host unreachable"

When I test the local connection for the eisy from UD Mobile, I get "ERROR (IOException) java.net.ConnectException:Failed to connect to /192.168.1.200:8080" 

I can see the eisy on the LAN when I use a wired connection, but not on Wi-Fi. I'm only using the home network.

eisy firmware is 5.5.2

2 minutes ago, Techman said:

I can see the eisy on the LAN when I use a wired connection, but not on Wi-Fi. I'm only using the home network.

I can't see my eisy on the wireless network either, even though it's connected by WIFI.

1 minute ago, dbuss said:

I can't see my eisy on the wireless network either, even though it's connected by WIFI.

Is your router Wi-Fi 6 , Is you connection on 2.4 or 5ghz

Do you get any error messages in UD Mobile when you're connected via Wi-Fi. 

Are you connecting via a LAN or the Portal

9 minutes ago, Techman said:

@Javi

The setup was done from Settings > Wi-Fi Configuration. I don't see Wi-Fi Credentials.

I have remote Connection Settings access disabled, and Local Connection Settings enabled. The local port is set at 8080. The system was not connected to the Portal.

I reset the network on the eisy and then retried a Wi-Fi configuration. It showed that the Wi-Fi credentials were uploaded to the eisy, but when I try to access the eisy from UD Mobile on the LAN I get an error "Unexpected close, Host unreachable"

When I test the local connection for the eisy from UD Mobile, I get "ERROR (IOException) java.net.ConnectException:Failed to connect to /192.168.1.200:8080" 

eisy firmware is 5.5.2

Please let me know if this is not accurate

Based on your description I think this is because you have UD Mobile setup to only use local credentials.  The local only credentials likely have the IP Address of the Ethernet adapter not the WiFi Adapter.  Because local only is currently a manual override  the IP Address will need to be changed to that of the WiFi Adapter.  Try pressing the search icon next to local IP Address entry.

If checking your router eisy on wifi may be named WifiBox.

21 minutes ago, Javi said:

Please let me know if this is not accurate

Based on your description I think this is because you have UD Mobile setup to only use local credentials.  The local only credentials likely have the IP Address of the Ethernet adapter not the WiFi Adapter.  Because local only is currently a manual override  the IP Address will need to be changed to that of the WiFi Adapter.  Try pressing the search icon next to local IP Address entry.

If checking your router eisy on wifi may be named WifiBox.

I pressed the search icon, but it didn't find anything, and I'm back to square one.

My eisy is using a reserved address in the router, and I had renamed it when I set up the address.

My Polisy and ISY994 connect to the LAN from UD Mobile without any errors, the problem is only with the eisy on Wi-Fi

Edited by Techman
9 minutes ago, Techman said:

I pressed the search icon, but it didn't find anything, and I'm back to square one.

My eisy is using a reserved address in the router, and I had renamed it when I set up the address.

My Polisy and ISY994 connect to the LAN from UD Mobile without any errors, the problem is only with the eisy on Wi-Fi

Did you reserve for both of eisy's network adapters, Ethernet adapter and WiFi adapter?  These will be different IP Addresses so it will also need to be changed in UD Mobile as Local connections on UD Mobile currently only accept a single IP Address.  This correlates to the error message unreachable host.

Can you please clarify if you see "WifiBox" on your WiFi network?   If you do not then UD Mobile will also not be able to find it and WiFi Configuration will need to be restarted as eisy likely does not have the correct Wifi credentials.    

1 hour ago, Techman said:

Is your router Wi-Fi 6 , Is you connection on 2.4 or 5ghz

Do you get any error messages in UD Mobile when you're connected via Wi-Fi. 

Are you connecting via a LAN or the Portal

Is your router Wi-Fi 6 , No

Is you connection on 2.4 or 5ghz 5ghz

Do you get any error messages in UD Mobile when you're connected via Wi-Fi. No

Are you connecting via a LAN or the Portal. I can connect either way.

• Solution

@Javi

I finally got it working. The esiy wifi was connecting to my guest network which blocked it from my main network, which is why it didn't show up. The wired connection was properly connecting to my main network.

Javi, thank you for all your help. It's much appreciated.

• Like 1