Upgraded to 5.3.4 and lost my text alerts..

beachfront71

As mentioned, I have text alerts for my garage door I would like to keep using it for both email and text alers...

Under Email Notifications/Settings Groups I have 2 contacts:

1. Is a Gmail account and works fine 

2 . Is a Verizon text account - (CellNumber@vtext.com) - that used to work and not longer does ...

Any ideas why this might not work anymore? Set up is pretty straight forward and simple...

@beachfront71 doubtful that just updating broke the process. It’s been covered numerous times that email to text has been impacted by the carriers. VZW seems to be one of the worst delaying emails to text. 

Depending how long your message is you might try sending to number@vzwpix.com (MMS) and seeing if you get it through. 

Otherwise, there are methods discussed in the forums of how to use UD mobile and push notifications or Pushover and network resources to get push messages. You will need to search for alternate options.  

UD Mobile has notification setup help in the UD Wiki - https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

12 hours ago, Geddy said:

VZW seems to be one of the worst delaying emails to text. 

can confirm.  I had AT&T for 20 years and thought AT&T was bad at delivering emailed text messages.  Switched to Verizon a few months ago and tested (actually I have a permanent test message sent at 12 noon everyday), I've found that Verizon is FAR worse than AT&T.  

I highly recommend Pushover (although I haven't tried UD mobile Push notifications).  There's several methods to get a message sent via Pushover from basic Network Resources to the Notification Node Server and more.  Pushover is almost free, pay once for the app ($4.99) and no monthly fees.

• Like 1