Upgrading from 4.9.0 to 5.x - how to?

Vwas
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

Given the recent end of life notice, I'd like to ensure my ability to easily migrate my existing (75) ISY994i programs and Insteon system configuration (50+ devices) to EISY at some point in the future. As I understand it, one can easily migrate from ISY994i to EISY with a good backup, provided that the ISY994i is running V5.x firmware.

My ISY is currently running 4.9.0. I've always auto upgraded it, and can't recall ever being given the option to upgrade to version 5. I'm assuming that I'll need to "Manually Upgrade ISY" from the Help menu in the Admin Console to upgrade to V5.x?

Any advice related to how best to complete this upgrade is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance...

I have the same pending issue except mine is further complicated with two ISY's at separate locations, both of which continue to function perfectly with all Insteon systems and 4.9.  My systems are on the same Portal. One is at my primary residence; the other is located 325 miles from the primary residence. I envision no new devices other than Insteon. I have enough devices in reserve to last a long time. Past experience reminds me that this arrangement creates unique requirements when upgrading. The cost of the upgrade is inconsequential, but the technical challenges are surely going to be insignificant. Do I even need to do anything at this time? If I do, I am going to need substantial "hand-holding". I will soon be 78 years young and my old brain is slowing.

• Solution

Upgrading from v4 to v5 isn't too difficult... read this post from yesterday.

I forgot to mention in that one, the first thing to check when your logging into version 5 the first time is help > about to insure that the UI and firmware versions match.  if they don't do not pass go, solve that problem.  The second thing to do one your firmware and UI versions match is to check Programs tab, Summary sub-tab and look for the color yellow... if you find any that program needs manual updates (probably from use of "adjust scene")

5.3.4 is here.  If you have a 300 series z-wave board (z-wave version 4.81.00) then you need 5.0.16C instead.