Issues with Keylinc Scenes

deeepdish

I'm not sure if this a v2.5 issue or insteon programming issue:

A scene has a number of Insteon devices including a number of Keylinc switches. Let say button D from 4 Keylinc is set as a controller for the scene and all other devices consisting of button 0 of the keylincs and switchlinc dimmers.

When I press button D on one of the keylincs the scene turns on as programmed. Button D on the keylinc that I pressed illuminates, however button D on other keylincs within the scene (controllers) do not illuminate. This is particularly annoying when trying to turn the scene on downstairs and trying to turn it off upstairs. Except, when turning it off on a keylinc that was not initially pressed, involves pressing the button twice.

Is there a way to overcome this somehow?

Thanks,

Adam.

there is a solution for that - so it is possible to do what you want - the trick is to add the resources to the scene in the correct sequence - now the nerdlincs will chime in on the correct order, but this worked for me

start with keypad buttons you want to participate in the scene as RESPONDERS

then i added the keypad buttons i wanted to be CONTROLLERS

i added the devices last - these were the keypad loads, dimmers, relays and lamplincs - which are all responders

i think the general rule is responders first - controllers last - but i did mine in the above order and it works fandamntastic - and the news gets even better because those scenes will work with or without the isy/plm (after the setup)

i have many, many scenes like that - with multiple controlling buttons - button sync is a must

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I recreated the scene (delete all resources, delete scene, new scene). I added the resources as you recommended -- keylinc responders, keylinc controller buttons and all remaining responders.

Unfortunately buttons are not insync. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks.

Hello deeepdish,

sloop is correct PLUS if you have buttons from the same KPL in the same scene, you would have to also make sure to:

1. add all the sub-buttons of all the KPLs first

2. add the load buttons of all the KPLs last

Please remove those buttons and re-add them in the order specified. This is a KPL limitation which, unfortunately, we have no control over.

With kind regards,

Michel

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I recreated the scene (delete all resources, delete scene, new scene). I added the resources as you recommended -- keylinc responders, keylinc controller buttons and all remaining responders.

Unfortunately buttons are not insync. Did I miss a step somewhere?

Thanks.

Archived