How to turn a device OFF for 6 hours then back ON?

stef2

Kingwr,

The other thing is the true/false status of a program. Outside of that, I am not sure that knowing all of the nuances of a trigger event really matters.

Basically, a trigger event has the potential to kill a running then/else, restart a running then/else, and change the true/false status.

Lou

Also, my understanding is that much of this is only applicable if the THEN or ELSE branch contains a WAIT or a REPEAT. This was mentioned before, but was lost in the last few posts. So, just to make sure we are all clear, the only time a subsequent triggering of a program may occur that would pre-empty the currently running program is when there is a WAIT or a REPEAT, I think.

I would say that "preempting" s the key word here. If there isn't a WAIT or a REPEAT, the THEN or ELSE will most likely execute "almost immediately". Therefore there wouldn't be anything to stop. However, if you have used a program as a variable, then this could be affected as the true/false would change. Could have a much different effect on your program than you expected. Also, as I pointed out in an earlier post, using the climate module and checking for light level, I found that the IF statement was evaluated and the THEN statement was executed every time that the weatherbug was pollled. Since I was just using the program to turn off a light, it wasn't a big deal, but it did send out an OFF command every 60 seconds which was totally unneccessary and flooding the power line.

• 1 month later...

Did this Wiki update take place? If so, where is it?

Thanks,

Bill

Hi guys,

All very good questions. I will put something together for the Wiki based on this thread.

Thanks, Rand

In short, I would love to see the owners manual, or at least the wiki have two sections back to back.

1) understanding true/flase

2) understanding triggers

Archived