Node Server, Driver, or other support for Insteon Integration with Control4, RTI, Savant, Crestron, ELAN?

I'm trying to check on the latest on this topic.  My home is fully automated with Insteon products (and others such as Philps Hue, Z-Wave, etc.).  I have and always use Universal Devices products for overall home automation (isy994i, Polisy Pro, and I just received the new eisy).  I am looking into choosing one of the major home entertainment automation systems.  These include Control4, RTI, Savant, Crestron, and ELAN (not sure if URC would also be considered in this category of products really).  If I am to choose one, it would make sense to choose one that supports Insteon.  My Logitech Harmony remote supports Insteon (only through an Insteon Hub which I also have only for that purpose).  However, Logitech remotes are nowhere near in functionality compared to the others and Logitech Harmony remotes are no longer being manufactured and sold.

Is there any solution out there that allows for Insteon control from one of the home entertainment automation systems?

I know RTI theoretically has a driver.  However, the RTI Insteon driver has not been updated since September 26, 2014.  So I have no idea if that would even work today, and it certainly does not sound like it is being maintained in any way either way.  I did see mention of the possibility of development of a RTI driver in the works along with the Polisy node server

and discussion of possibilities for Control4 which is arguably one of the best of the 5 listed given its large third party integration support.

However, I have yet to see an existing solution for this.  Is anyone aware of a current and/or upcoming solution for this such as a driver or node server being developed for one or more of these systems?

Easiest way I know is via IR.

Here's how I used it with my URC remote (MX-990). The remote is both IR and wireless (not WiFi in my case) RF capable. We have a large home and have 3 IR/ RF receivers /transmitters (MRF-350s with RFX-250 remote sensors) to ensure full coverage throughout our home. I have at least ten MX-990s scattered throughout our house.

I have one IR output from the MRF-350 that was placed in front of the IR reciever for the ISY 994. I'm sure you could do it this way with any of the high-end remotes. You just have to teach the eisy some IR codes - the instructions are in the forum. My preference for high-end remotes is the Crestron but it gets very spendy as you know or will find out. I prefer the Complete Control line so I can DIY and program my own devices since I'm always changing equipment. However, URC locked out home users from their software a couple of years ago but made exceptions for some long term home users who paid for licenses.

I have at least 50 Insteon devices. I setup on/off and dim commands for many of those devices and it worked flawlessly for me with the ISY 990 Pro IR and ISY 99.

The problem is the eisy isn't IR capable. However, I think someone is developing an IR compatible receiver for the eisy. I sure hope so - IR works perfectly for many things.

I imagine any of those companies could write a driver for the Universal Devices eisy and you could port it for whatever commands you need. There are several companies that can do this if I remember correctly.

Have you looked into a device called Broadlink? Apparently a lot of people use it for IR functions. It sort of operates like a Harmony Hub, but is purportedly easier to deploy. They're reasonably priced too, available on sites like Amazon.

I personally have not tried the Broadlink device since I have amassed a collection of Harmony Hubs over the years. But it would be a device I'd consider. In addition to IR support, it also supports RF.

11 hours ago, GCalzat said:

I'm trying to check on the latest on this topic.  My home is fully automated with Insteon products (and others such as Philps Hue, Z-Wave, etc.).  I have and always use Universal Devices products for overall home automation (isy994i, Polisy Pro, and I just received the new eisy).  I am looking into choosing one of the major home entertainment automation systems.  These include Control4, RTI, Savant, Crestron, and ELAN (not sure if URC would also be considered in this category of products really).  If I am to choose one, it would make sense to choose one that supports Insteon.  My Logitech Harmony remote supports Insteon (only through an Insteon Hub which I also have only for that purpose).  However, Logitech remotes are nowhere near in functionality compared to the others and Logitech Harmony remotes are no longer being manufactured and sold.

Is there any solution out there that allows for Insteon control from one of the home entertainment automation systems?

I know RTI theoretically has a driver.  However, the RTI Insteon driver has not been updated since September 26, 2014.  So I have no idea if that would even work today, and it certainly does not sound like it is being maintained in any way either way.  I did see mention of the possibility of development of a RTI driver in the works along with the Polisy node server

and discussion of possibilities for Control4 which is arguably one of the best of the 5 listed given its large third party integration support.

However, I have yet to see an existing solution for this.  Is anyone aware of a current and/or upcoming solution for this such as a driver or node server being developed for one or more of these systems?

Since all of the systems you've named are dealer installed only systems, you'll need to ask your installer what they can and are willing to do.

Just because it may be possible, the people in your area may not be willing to integrate with insteon or may not have the knowledge