Please confirm whether or not IoX 5.5.3 is intended for ISY944i as well as Polisy & Eisy

steve-elves
Go to solution Solved by gzahar,

I am intending to replace my ISY944i with an Eisy in the near future.  Presently I am using firmware release 5.3.4 with no issues; I have about a dozen Insteon devices, 30 Z-Wave devices, and 7 Node servers installed.  I also have a Polisy at release 5.5.0; the Z-Wave version in my ISY is 6.82.01.

Is there any pressing reason for upgrading the ISY to the latest firmware, provided it qualifies?  I've read various bits of documentation and forum entries, and I'm not entirely clear whether release 5.5.3 is even usable in the ISY.  

• Solution
25 minutes ago, steve-elves said:

I am intending to replace my ISY944i with an Eisy in the near future.  Presently I am using firmware release 5.3.4 with no issues; I have about a dozen Insteon devices, 30 Z-Wave devices, and 7 Node servers installed.  I also have a Polisy at release 5.5.0; the Z-Wave version in my ISY is 6.82.01.

Is there any pressing reason for upgrading the ISY to the latest firmware, provided it qualifies?  I've read various bits of documentation and forum entries, and I'm not entirely clear whether release 5.5.3 is even usable in the ISY.  

5.3.4 is latest firmware for ISY994.  You can not update to 5.5.x.  Those are only available for Polisy/Eisy.

1 hour ago, steve-elves said:

I also have a Polisy at release 5.5.0

You should upgrade your Polisy though. I think most of us have seen that not keeping the Polisy (and now eisy) updated can sometimes cause problems. Thankfully, the update process is fairly simple by just opening the Admin Console for IoP (ISY on Polisy) and hitting the "Upgrade Packages" button. With the Polisy there will be 4+1 beeps when the process is complete. If you can't hear the beeps then hope you can see the LEDs on the front. Once the two right lights stop flashing and you have a solid left it should be complete.

You can keep up with what is the current version for your device(s) in the Current Release Announcement area of the forums. If you don't visit the forums often then I suggest you click on the "Follow" button on that page and setup notifications to email you when new posts are made. 

5 minutes ago, steve-elves said:

As an aside, have you migrated to an Eisy yet?  If so, how was your experience?

Actually, I just did this today. I migrated from ISY994 running 5.3.4 to eisy running IoX 5.5.3 and PG3x 3.1.18. There were a couple of road bumps, but in all I'd say it took less than 30 minutes to migrate everything. I have about 40 Insteon devices, 1 (new) z-wave device, and 2 node servers. I only migrated the Insteon install as z-wave was new for me.

Since I only had 2 node servers and didn't have anything using them (at the time) I just started over with those and they installed great. 

UDI has released several updates since eisy was released that have really improved the performance. I expect this to continue as more bugs are found and ironed out.