upgrading to eisy from 994

wacvmd

I have received my new eisy and I want to upgrade from  an isy 994. I am running 5.0.16c firmware on the ISY and have the Z-Wave 2100 board installed. I received the Z-Wave Dongle REV E. and never installed it.  I only have   8 Z-Wave devices installed. In order to upgrade to 5.3.4 would you recommend I uninstall the Z-Wave Board, install the Z-Wave + board, or not back up Z-Wave devices in the backup?

With only 8 Z-Wave devices I assume it would be easier to add them after installing Z-Wave/matter Dongle.

Any help would be appreciated: wacvmd

The Z-wave boards available for the ISY were the 300 or 500 series. Based on your firmware it appears that you have the 300 series board in your ISY. 

Being that you only have 8 Z-wave devices it would be best to uninstall them from the ISY, then upgrade the ISY to 5.3.4, which doesn't support the 300 series board, prior to migrating to the eisy.

Do you also have the Zmatter board and enclosure for the eisy which is required for Z-wave support

Be sure to review the detailed migration instructions before you start the process

Edited by Techman