added remote station but get "Failed to get station units"

johnnyt
Go to solution Solved by johnnyt,

NS been working great. Today I added a remote station ID and the NS added all the ISY nodes as expected but gave the message "Failed to get station units, unable to continue" and the ISY node values are 0. I restarted the NS and waited a couple of short polls in case things self corrected but still not working.

Is it because I'm not authorized to get that data, even though it's available on the web at https://tempestwx.com/station/77677/ or something else?

I've attached relevant chunk of log (with api x'ed out)

weatherflow-failedtogetunits.thumb.png.76bf9c0e7b1284ccc32ec20e1be3d782.png

weatherflow-addedremote.thumb.png.f966ef363722fe733f36fda51f639648.png

weatherflow-addedremote.txt

I don't know why. The status status should be 0 but it's not.  

There's a bug in the error message as it should show the reason the status is not 0, but it doesn't.  I've fixed that in version 3.0.27 which I just pushed to the store.

Update to 3.0.27 and restart it.  The message "weatherflow:query_station_uom: Error querying station 77677 information:" should now show the reason it failed.

The WeatherFlow API documents don't document what the various failures are or what they mean.  So if the message isn't obvious, you'll have to contact WeatherFlow to get more details.

• Solution

Weatherflow support confirmed that one is not able to see other station data with API, even though the data is available via browser for all to see. Aside from asking them to make other station data available through API (limit it to a few, if needed) I also asked them to consider making the error message reflect what the error actually is, e.g. "NOT AUTHORIZED" or something like that, instead of "NOT FOUND".