X3 TH sensors lose connection with YoLink Node Server after 5-10 minutes

dwengrovitz
Go to solution Solved by Panda88,

I purchased a handful of YoLink devices to test in various scenarios, and so far really like them as well as the YoLink Node Server.  Thanks so much for the development and integration work on this. Of the devices purchased, I have a couple of temperature/humidity (TH) sensors, including both the 8003 and 8006 (X3) models, and I am running current software versions on an eisy (ISY v5.5.7, PG3x v3.1.22, and YoLink Node Server v0.8.20). 

While reviewing the Admin Console , I've noticed that the "Current State" for the X3 sensors regularly changes from "Connected" to "Not Connected" after about 5-10 minutes. If I query their status, they immediately update and the status changes to "Connected", but after another 5-10 minutes they drop back to show a "Not Connected" state. 

This doesn't happen with the 8003 sensors, and I don't think this is actually a communications problem with the device, as they immediately update when requested.  It seems more like an issue with how the Node Server is detecting status or perhaps a difference in what and when the two different TH sensor models report.  They both show up in the Admin Console with Device Type of "Yolink THsensor", so maybe the Node Server treats them the same when they actually behave differently?  

Any idea what's going on here? 

I do not own a X3 device.  It is likely sending a command I do not know how to handle and this may cause the offline event - Maybe it is too aggressive to show the device off-line, but it is a situation the code does not know that is happening.

If you can enable debug and send a log when it happens I can take a look

I installed v0.8.41, but noticed an odd issue with installation of the node server update.  My assumption is that restarting a node server when there's an update available should automatically install the new version, correct?  After restarting my YoLink node server, it looked like an update was applied, and the version number increments to 0.8.41, but shortly after (a few seconds) it displays the old version number like the update didn't fully complete.  I think I saw something similar in behavior with the last version update, and the only way I could get around it was to uninstall and reinstall the node server and that seemed to address the problem. After trying that with this update, the running version displayed shows 0.8.41 as expected and it sticks.  

That said, I'll test out the new function and will report back on how the X3 looks.  So far, it shows up as connected, and data seems to be flowing.