Prevent Specific Kasa Devices from NS

BamBamF16

12 minutes ago, BamBamF16 said:

I have a couple of power strips that work fine in NS but are better served with HA as the primary controller.  i would like to prevent the strips from being imported in the NS and only use the HA integration.  Is this possible?  Will this work if I check the delete button?

I believe that nodes needs to be deleted twice (in PG3) to be removed. However they may come back if you restart the ns for an update.

Furthermore,  even if you don't use  a specific Kasa device they should not bother having them in ISY. Put them in a separate folder if needed.

BTW there is no conflict having Kasa devices in both ISY (Node Server) and HA (Integration).  That is what I have.

Edited by asbril
26 minutes ago, BamBamF16 said:

The issue I have isn't in ISY, its in HA with the double devices for each power port.  Trying to eliminate from ISY, since I don't use the strips there at all, so that I only have one of each switch in HA.  I suppose as a work-around I could disable the ISY imported ones in HA.

I understand your situation. I also have the same Kasa device twice in HA, one coming from ISY and one from the Integration. It is not an issue for me as I select just one (whichever of the two) in HA Cards and Automations.

2 hours ago, BamBamF16 said:

i would like to prevent the strips from being imported in the NS and only use the HA integration.

I don't remember how it works (as I don't use HA), but remember seeing other posts about the "ignore me" function being a way to keep some ISY devices out of the HA side.  I think others that use HA currently would be better able to tell you how to incorporate that. But that way it isn't imported into HA.

I think the default was {ignore me}, but suggestions were made to change it to a simple symbol or shorter text.

Perhaps that way you wouldn't have to delete them from the ISY/Node Server, but they also don't import into HA if you ever ran an update again that somehow imports items. 

More info: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/isy994/

• Ignore String: Any devices that contain this string in their name (or folder path) will be ignored by Home Assistant. They will not become entities and will not fire control_events. The default is "{IGNORE ME}".