Example of Yolink remote button toggling two different devices using new Control mode with Don/Doff and short/long presses.

bwade913

I have a four button Yolink remote that I use to control eight different devices/scenes using short/long key presses to run different toggle programs. Today, I modified my programs to use the new Control mode with Don/Doff commands. It was a bit confusing at first but I got it to work, so I thought I'd document it for others that might want to try it.

In my example, I'm using a short key press on button three to toggle a lamp in my AV room, and a long key press to toggle a ceiling light.

I set button three of the Yolink remote to send Don for a short key press, and Doff for a long key press:

image.thumb.png.7eb37f5ac61701e1b3175cd410d922cd.png

I have master/slave programs to run the toggle programs based on the key presses.

AV Lamp master is actuated by a short key press:

image.png.6ea58e98679333140c33029c7b4487f4.png

The master program calls the slave program:

image.png.fc4462f373ab8f3d4e908f31292d3d7d.png

Ceiling light master program is actuated by a long key press:

image.png.68947e42c342d3fd67fc0bf66877f2b7.png

The master program calls the slave program:

image.png.3d6ae3a7495a1f8129de1c7c769e6088.png

Unfortunately, this toggle program isn't working as well as I thought. The Yolink remote seems to be resending the command, causing the toggle to flip back to the original state. This happens at varying intervals from a few seconds up to a minute.

So, it is still possible to assign two functions to one button, but a toggle function was a poor choice for an example. A better example would be choosing between two AV configurations with one button. A short press choosing one setup program, and a long press choosing another.

Edited by bwade913
  • 2 weeks later...

The Yolink NS v8.88 has been released containing a fix for the multiple command send issue which prevented Yolink remote buttons from being used to trigger toggle programs. Thanks @panda88!

With the fix I'm able to successfully control eight toggle programs with a four button Yolink remote using either short or long key presses. It's similar to my first post in this thread except for these changes:

1. I configure each  Yolink remote button to have a short key press send a DON, and a long key press send a DFON.

2. For the programs, I use control rather than status, I have the short press toggle program trigger on ON, and the long press toggle program trigger on Fast ON.

So far it seems to work very reliably.