EnvisaLink-DSC nodeserver disconnecting SSL error

I have a program that monitors the heartbeat of the node server and over the last 2 days I have received 3 notification that it has disconnected from the ISY994. All three with the same error and is something I haven't received in the past. 

2023-03-13 06:33:45,424 MQTT       udi_interface.interface ERROR    interface:_startMqtt: MQTT Connection SSLError: EOF occurred in violation of protocol (_ssl.c:2488), Will retry in a few seconds.

Both the node server and the admin console show that the two are still connected. The node server completely stops processing data. 

A node server restart will get everything going again.

PG3 is running on a Polisy. Log attached.

Debug_detail_03-13-2023.txt

There have been other reports of MQTT SSLEOF errors.  That error is coming from the Python MQTT library so not something any of our code (node server, udi_interface, or PG3) can do anything to change that.

@bpwwerThanks for the update, hopefully a future update to library will resolve the issue.

I know this has been mentioned several times in the past, but having the ability to restart a node server in a program from the ISY would be helpfully in scenarios like this one. 

I have another minor fix to put into this node server (clearing of notifications on startup), and I am going to rework the node server so that the listener thread doesn't shutdown on these errors since they are technically not fatal (the interface goes to sleep for a few seconds and then retries the connection to PG3). It may miss several state updates, which I know is not ideal for an alarm panel node server, but at least you won't have  to restart. I should get to it this weekend.