Becomes armed or becomes disarmed?

Blackbird

@BlackbirdMaybe use 2 program objects?  What about something like:

If 'House' Armed Status is...

then Run Program 'programName'

I want to believe that when Armed Status changes state that will trigger the first program and if it evaluates to the state you are looking for it'll run the 2nd program.

Edited by GJ Software Products
2 minutes ago, Blackbird said:

Status isnt what i want.

I want it so if I come home and disarm the alarm and it is after sunset, the lights will turn on.  If I use status and im already home with the system already disarmed, then the lights will just come on after sunset.

Yes this is possible, I did it when using the old Elk module and I'm still doing it using the Elk node server.

Which are you using?

One way is to set a variable, and have it update when you arm and disarm. I use two different variables, one for armed away and one for armed vacation.

The other way is to use Armed Status and/or Arm Up State.

When I was on the Elk module I found the variable method more reliable. I never changed methods when I moved to the node server, but I receive a notification when arming/disarming and it includes the two states I mentioned and they have been very reliable on the node server.

I actually run several different programs depending on which armed state I enter or leave.

1 hour ago, Blackbird said:

Status isnt what i want.

I want it so if I come home and disarm the alarm and it is after sunset, the lights will turn on.  If I use status and im already home with the system already disarmed, then the lights will just come on after sunset.

@BlackbirdI have a program that locks out some devices when I arm the Elk and restores them when I disarm the Elk, I.E.:

OffWhenArmedAway - [ID 006C][Parent 0011]

If
        'House' Armed Status is Armed Away

Then
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 008_ONOFSS_FBA_Heater' Off
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 014_DIMER-1_FMR_SueDesk' Off
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 024_SBRLMP' Off
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 012_DIMER-1_MBR' Off
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 039_MBAHTR_MBA_Heater' Off
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 040_MBRHTR_MBR_Heater' Off

Else
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 024_SBRLMP' On
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 039_MBAHTR_MBA_Heater' On
        Set 'Z-Wave / ZY 040_MBRHTR_MBR_Heater' On

This only runs once when the state of Armed Status changes to Armed Away or Disarmed.  I believe the ISY is event driven and not in a continuous scan like Ladder Logic.  So what if you inverted it and used Status is Unarmed and then set a state variable true, fired the second program, and in the second program in both Then and Else you reset the state variable to false but in the If you had stateVariable = True AND Dark = True Then Lights On before you reset the state variable to false in the Then?  Or something like that…  That'll turn the lights on if you just disarmed the panel and it's dark and reset the state variable false to keep the action (light on) from happening when Dark = True triggers. 

Edited by GJ Software Products
1 hour ago, DennisC said:

Yes this is possible, I did it when using the old Elk module and I'm still doing it using the Elk node server.

Which are you using?

One way is to set a variable, and have it update when you arm and disarm. I use two different variables, one for armed away and one for armed vacation.

The other way is to use Armed Status and/or Arm Up State.

When I was on the Elk module I found the variable method more reliable. I never changed methods when I moved to the node server, but I receive a notification when arming/disarming and it includes the two states I mentioned and they have been very reliable on the node server.

I actually run several different programs depending on which armed state I enter or leave.

I am using the node server

10 hours ago, Blackbird said:

I am using the node server

Below is an example of using "disarmed" to turn a light on, if the time is 30 minutes after sunset until 11:00 pm.

Example - [ID 002F][Parent 00B1]

If

(

'Area 1' Armed Status is Disarmed

)

And From    Sunset  + 30 minutes

To      11:10:00PM (same day)

Then

Set 'Light xx' On

Else

- No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

To turn off the light, you could set an Else action, but if you wanted the light on/off when you were home or on a different schedule, you would write a separate program to turn the light off.

• Thanks 1