All time Rain data and NC historical Rain data

smileyw
Go to solution Solved by bpwwer,

• Solution

To close out the discussion on NC rain, the latest WeatherFlow release now creates a node for nearcast rain values.

I made this a separate node for a couple of reasons; there is a limit to how many values a node can have and the main tempest node is approaching that limit and also, NC rain data is only available from the server so currently the station has to be configured for REMOTE data and not LOCAL to get NC rain data.  So anyone wanting to use the local data that hub provides won't have access to NC rain data.

And to provide some info on the business aspect of doing this.  It took about 20 hours to add this feature.  The average hourly rate for this type of work (where I live) is $60, so the business cost to add this was $1200.  This means I'd have to get 120 new sales because of this feature just to break even. Sales of the WeatherFlow node server run about 4 per month (or $40).  So it will take about 30 months just to recover the expense of adding this feature.