ISY Programming Advice

gadgetfreak

I have a scene "Good Night" that turns off all of my lights downstairs (25 lights/devices) when I go upstairs to bed. It is also part of a timed program to all go off at midnight. When I have company sleeping in my guest room in the basement, I want to create a variable called "Sleeping Guests" and, when that variable is set to 1, I want the Good Night scene to do everything EXCEPT 2 of the lights for the hallways - meaning the "Good Night" scene will only control 23 lights/devices. 

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this without having to create a new scene and replacing it in the program at midnight? Thanks.

1 hour ago, gadgetfreak said:

I have a scene "Good Night" that turns off all of my lights downstairs (25 lights/devices) when I go upstairs to bed. It is also part of a timed program to all go off at midnight. When I have company sleeping in my guest room in the basement, I want to create a variable called "Sleeping Guests" and, when that variable is set to 1, I want the Good Night scene to do everything EXCEPT 2 of the lights for the hallways - meaning the "Good Night" scene will only control 23 lights/devices. 

Does anyone know of an easy way to do this without having to create a new scene and replacing it in the program at midnight? Thanks.

One way is to create a program without  IF and in THEN set variable X to 1, ELSE set variable X to 0.  When you have guests you run THEN and when guests leave you run ELSE.

In my case, I have a few programs that  act on a condition in my Google calendar (using Holidays Google Nodeserver) . In your situation you would create a calendar named " Guests" and in that calendar you would create an all-day event on the days that you have guests. In the Administrative Console, IF Guests Calendar is True THEN Variable X = 1

There are other possibilities.

Edited by asbril

@gadgetfreak

Program Goodnight

If
    Time is midnight

then
     Turn off 23 things
      Run Program Goodnight2 (if)
else
      (Nothing)

Program Goodnight2 (DISABLED)

If
     Sleeping Guests = 0
then
     turn off 2 things
else
      (nothing)

The magic:  Disabled programs still run when run buy another program.

• Like 2