Leak sensor Names not being carried over the the AC or PG3x nodes

GTench
Go to solution Solved by GTench,

Just added a number of leak sensors. I gave them unique names which show up correctly in the PG3x configuration listing but their node name in the PG3x node listing just shows them as "Leak sensor". They then each just show up as "Leak Sensor" in the AC; so, I assume the name comes from the PG3x nodes. My other devices such as speaker hubs have the same name in the PG3x configuration and node listings and also match what is in the app on the cell phone. Is there something unique about leak sensors?

Just an update. I changed the name of one of my speaker hubs in the cell phone app as a test. I restarted the Yolink node server and I see that my updated speaker hub name shows up in the configuration parameters list but the old speaker hub name is still in the nodes list. I have not tried a delete and reinstall as that is a bit of work. Just wondering if you think that would work or is there a fix at your end

The node takes the name from the YoLink app - The name does not change right away when you change from the YoLink App - Probably not synchronized at their servers 

I can try PG3x - I am doing development on Polisy (PG3) but I do have an eISY to try it on 

I do not believe the code updates the name, if changed in the PG3 interface - Maybe I should look at that 

Did some more testing. Basically, if the device name is first changed in the cell phone app, the changed name shows up in the configuration parameter list but not in the nodes list after a restart of the node server. However, if I delete the node in the nodes list first and then do a restart of the node server, the changed name shows up in the nodes list when the deleted node is automatically readded.

Looks to me like the "nodes" do not see the name change as a "change" but it does seem to recognize a missing node as a change then readds it with the correct name. Not sure if there is a bug here or that's just the way it works but if so it seems inconsistent

• Solution

Yes, it looks to me like the phone app is the main source (and that makes sense to me too) but the name change is just not being picked up by the nodes unless  adding a new (or missing) node. Now that I realize how this is working, I don't mind deleting the node and restarting the node server to have the new name picked up; so, don't worry about changing anything for me. Changing names is something that is quite easy to do this way and is something that would only happen very infrequently for me.

If I want to use a node name different than in the app, I could just change it in the AC (overriding the PG3) and I have done this with other node servers. In this case though, I want the app name and the AC name to be the same for consistency and since the AC gets its names from the nodes, I wanted the app and node names to match

Yolink is working great for me. I really appreciate all the work that you have put into it

Gary

19 hours ago, Panda88 said:

The node takes the name from the YoLink app - The name does not change right away when you change from the YoLink App - Probably not synchronized at their servers 

I can try PG3x - I am doing development on Polisy (PG3) but I do have an eISY to try it on 

I do not believe the code updates the name, if changed in the PG3 interface - Maybe I should look at that 

By default, addNode() won't change the name.  But you can set the rename=True option to have it rename the node

addNode(node, conn_status = None, rename = False) 

There's no node server differences between PG3x and PG3. You can continue to do your node server development on PG3 and they'll work the same on PG3x.