6-Button 2334-2 adjust scene issue.

kzboray
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

I have a 6-button controller (2334-2) controlling a fan and fan light via a FanLinc. The problem is that at certain times during the day I use adjust scene to change the default light percentage, but the 2334-2 in a scene never updates it's ON LEVEL as per the program.

Guest Light Ctrl Day - [ID 0044][Parent 0006]

If
        Time is Sunrise + 20 minutes and 15 seconds

Then
        $i.Guest.Ceiling.Light.Current  = 100
        In 'Guest Room / Guest Ceiling Lights / Guest Ceiling Lights' Set 'Guest Room / Guest 6-Button KeyPad / GuestRm KPD6.1 Fan Light' To 100% in 0.1 seconds
        Set 'Guest Room / Guest Ceiling Fan / Guest FanLinc Fan-Light' On Level 100%
        Set 'Guest Room / Guest 6-Button KeyPad / GuestRm KPD6.1 Fan Light' On Level 100%

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Here's the scene detail with the 2334-2 showing 40% instead of 100%. The FanLinc and the scene itself both show 100%, but the 2334-2 won't change. Even with the explicate program line to change only that value. See last line above.

2023-04-14_23-25-31.jpg

Is there some trick you all use to avoid this issue, or is this a bug?

Edited by kzboray

I'm not following if this is the same device as the adjust scene line. 

Remember tho, if using adjust scene, you must adjust the scene for each controller in the scene. 

For example in this scene there are 3 controllers,

image.png.ef29addd53b9b606d22e80475d4f5c79.png

If I want to adjust the on value for all 3 controllers, I need 3 adjust scene statements.  Adjust scene as you have it, i believe is adjusting only when the ISY is the controller.  If you want physical buttons or switches that are scene controllers to also change... you need to also "adjust scene" for each controller.

@MrBill I have a scene with one controller and one responder. The controller is the 2334-2 6-Button, and the responder is a Fanlinc. Since there is only one controller I had used just one adjust scene statement in the program, however after your comment just for fun I added an additional adjust scene for the responder as well. On top of that I have direct program statements for both the controller and the responder in the scene adjusting their on levels independent of the adjust scene. Kinda covering all bases and possibilities while trying to find the problem. Here's the current program.

Guest Light Ctrl Day - [ID 0044][Parent 0006]

If
        Time is Sunrise + 20 minutes and 15 seconds

Then
        $i.Guest.Ceiling.Light.Current  = 100
        In 'Guest Room / Guest Ceiling Lights / Guest Ceiling Lights' Set 'Guest Room / Guest 6-Button KeyPad / GuestRm KPD6.1 Fan Light' To 100% in 0.1 seconds
        In 'Guest Room / Guest Ceiling Lights / Guest Ceiling Lights' Set 'Guest Room / Guest Ceiling Fan / Guest FanLinc Fan-Light' To 100% in 0.1 seconds
        Set 'Guest Room / Guest Ceiling Fan / Guest FanLinc Fan-Light' On Level 100%
        Set 'Guest Room / Guest 6-Button KeyPad / GuestRm KPD6.1 Fan Light' On Level 100%

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

As you can see there is both an adjust scene for the 6-Button controller (First Line in THEN) and the responder FanLinc (Second line in THEN). I realize I shouldn't need the second adjust scene or the other set statements for each device in the scene, but as I said it's not working and I'm throwing the kitchen sink at it.

To test I ran the THEN portion of this program manually, below are the results. I did some cut and paste so you can see both the left and right window panes simultaneously.

Here is the scene with the scene selected, not a member of the scene. You can see that both the controller and responder are showing 100% in .1sec with a current status of OFF.

guestgroupfull.thumb.jpg.239875d35a618f3b08a9cbc409971d8b.jpg

However if I select just the controller in the scene the 6-Button controller, it still shows an ON LEVEL of 40% even though I just ran the above THEN portion of the program which clearly should have set it to 100%.

See below for a detail of the 6-Button controller selected individually in the scene and still showing an ON LEVEL of 40%.

guestctrlfull.thumb.jpg.95aa7fc90273da9823f1c3e7d60d45a6.jpg

The problem is that the light bounces between first the controller ON LEVEL setting and then to the scene setting. Initially the light comes on at the ON LEVEL shown by the controller and then about 1 sec later it changes to the desired scene level. It's irritating and fails the wife factor by a large degree.

I can't figure out how to get the controllers ON LEVEL to match the desired adjust scene values.

Edited by kzboray
  • Solution

so I think what you're saying is that you want this 40% to be 100%?

image.png.aee6fdc21b70257d3be553d2fa127bcb.png

If so then figure out the correct series of dropdowns for "adjust scene" to change it.   For this scene you need two adjust scene, one for the isy or the root level of the scene, then you need one for the RED controller (which you have hi-lited in screenshot I repasted a portion of.

Edited by MrBill
screenshot didn't show in post
  • Thanks 1

As a follow up I know I've run into this before and even opened a ticket about having adjust scene inherit properties, but it was a very low priority at the time. So as MrBill was so kind as to remind me you do have to set every possible combination of scene/controller/set.  Below are two programs changing all possible permutations for only two devices in a scene. If you had more devices you would have to add additional adjust scene commands. This is required to cover all the bases and possible combinations of scene/controller/set. I also had to set the FanLinc's on level separately in the end as there is no way in adjust scene to select it as a controller since it is only a responder.

Adjust Scene dialog
2023-04-15_12-42-53.jpg.2ffc2a9df2de64e36d2b703c57a52b33.jpg

100% and 40% programs. Drop-downs above. Scene = Guest Room. Controller = Guest 6-Button KeyPad or Guest Room (scene.) Set = GuestRm KPD6.1 Fan Light or Guest FanLinc Fan-Light

2023-04-15_13-10-10.thumb.jpg.b1be6412cc31b4ce6ab8f06566c57896.jpg

2023-04-15_13-09-30.thumb.jpg.dea41aedf5e7012fde42cf17a7220b32.jpg

Edited by kzboray