ISY994 Icons go grey and File-link management-tools-help unresponsive

sun-sense

On my phone now.

I was surprised when I logged into the forum that there was no Isy994 forum, but a sub- forum called zwave..blah, blah, blah.

Don't know why.

But back to the reason I logged in and posted.

At the top of the isy994i screen, there is a series of icons that you can click to, for  example, add a new device.  They are all  greyed out.

Above them is File Link Management Tools Help.

There is no response when I click on them.

I had to replace a failed insteon dimmer control.  I don't often log into the isy as its been preset for years  and this is my first device failure.

Picture still not uploading. 

1 minute ago, sun-sense said:

I was surprised when I logged into the forum that there was no Isy994 forum, but a sub- forum called zwave..blah, blah, blah.

There is an ISY994 section, Z-wave - series 300/500 is a sub-section of that.  This post will likely get moved there shortly, since the second part belongs there...

The second part it sounds like you need to clear your java cache, includinging installed applets and Icons.  is your java up to date? Version 8 Update 361 is current.

image.png.0eff528527927f87a168581feeeb5a7d.png

Where you using the Launcher, or a file named admin.jnlp?

• Like 1

OK - I am on 5.3.4

Update on when it happens.  Even on 5.3.4.

When I click on Lighting, or any device, is when the icons grey out and I have no response on the top menus.  Well, the File menu works but almost everything in it is greyed out and doesn't work, bar the exit.

Edited by sun-sense