Notification on mobile with variable substitution

Skov
Go to solution Solved by MrBill,

Hi UD community

I have a Polisy with mostly Insteon devices.  

I setup a notification via the mobile app when my garage has been open for 30 minutes, I have a program which runs when the garage is open and sends notifications every 30 minutes.

I'd like to include the value of a variable (number with 1 decimal place) in the notification but am not having success, the notification text sends and appears on my mobile but instead of including the number value delivers a blank space where the variable should be.

The network resource has the 'body' set to this .. 

title=Garage Open&body=The Garage has been open for ${var.1.decGarageOpenTime} hours

--

The variable format from here - have tried a few variations.

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY-994i_Series:EMail_and_Networking_Substitution_Variables 

Anyone got this working? 

Thanks

• Solution
2 minutes ago, Skov said:

The network resource has the 'body' set to this .. 

title=Garage Open&body=The Garage has been open for ${var.1.decGarageOpenTime} hours

Try it with the variable ID number instead of the name.  ${var.1.12}  Or whatever number your is...

According to the wiki, it should also work with variable name Substitution variables are available inside custom email definitions in the form ${<variable name>} which would seem to transalte to ${decGarageOpenTime} in your case, I've never used names in the substitutions tho, i've already recently become away of the name form.

• Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, MrBill said:

Try it with the variable ID number instead of the name.  ${var.1.12} 

Hi MrBill .. using the variable ID number worked!  Thank you.

For completeness I also tested the ${<variable name>}, in my case ${decGarageOpenTime}, but it included the that text in the message instead of the value. 

Will stick with the variable ID.  

Thanks again.

• Like 1