EISY program example to display outside temp on Elk keypad

mdarcy
Go to solution Solved by mbking,

Recently upgraded to EISY. I had a program on m ISY that used to poll weather data and display the outside temperature on my ELK keypads.  The migration from my ISY to EISY wiped that program out.  I have installed the ELK node server and have been trying to recreate the program, but without the old program. I thought I had found a couple of early posts, but they don't really match up with what is in the Elk interface now.  Does anybody have this working on the EISY with the ELK node server that could share?  

• Solution

@mdarcy,

I'm using a Personal Weather Station to get the temperature, so I created an integer variable, PWSOutsideTemp, to store the latest temperature from the station.  It has a variable ID of 10.  With that, I created a Customization (under Configuration-Email/Notifications-Customizations) called ELK-PWSOutsideTemp.image.thumb.png.f3f3c1746174caa754533b6d247eecd5.png

The var.1.10 represents the integer ID 10 variable, PWSOutsideTemp.

Next, I created the following program:image.thumb.png.53b62d39e727b89c1e29de59f6dd43cd.png

You don't necessarily need the Auto Run or Startup Delay.  Since IoX and PG3 come up at different times, I wait about 2 minutes before lets some program run to give time for the Node Servers to populate with good data.  The Set command in the Then section references the Customization created earlier, ELK-PWSOutsideTemp.  This gives me the following display that's updated every minute: "Outside: 86 F".

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, mdarcy said:

Recently upgraded to EISY. I had a program on m ISY that used to poll weather data and display the outside temperature on my ELK keypads.  The migration from my ISY to EISY wiped that program out.  I have installed the ELK node server and have been trying to recreate the program, but without the old program. I thought I had found a couple of early posts, but they don't really match up with what is in the Elk interface now.  Does anybody have this working on the EISY with the ELK node server that could share?  

Yes, I send temperature and humidity from my Weatherflow node server, which obtains weather data from my Tempest, to my Elk keypads.

The instructions are here:

Thank you!  This helps. I would like to document a couple of things as I am using the OpenWeatherMap from the Node store to get this running again. 

1. I was choosing the wrong ELK device in the drop down.  I needed to select the one marked "Area 1" instead of the keypads I was choosing. 

2. I had to also tweak the configuration message I had when I had this running and configured in my ISY944i before they shut down the PolyGlot cloud.  You can find this in CONFIGURATION>EMAIL/NOTIFICATIONS>CUSTOMIZATIONS. I had to change my substitution variable on my ELK Out Temp customization to: ${sys.node.n001_controller.CLITEMP}.

image.png.615ea79c0968bd0a1240df32c7fb34b4.png

You can find your node name in the UI: Go to the node on the left side pane and select it. Under the title  OpenWeatherMap there is white lettering with the name of the node.  The name of this node is n001_controller. image.thumb.png.d5ecee1685a0cfb1682689b2a0098974.png