Migrated from ISY to Eisy. How do I make eisy program push F# button?

TheA2Z
Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

Just bought the Elk node today and I am setting up.  So far so good.

One thing I cant figure out is how do I have an eisy program push an Elk Keypad F# button?  In ISY I had a program that if leak detector had a leak, it would programmatically push the F5 button on the ELK keypad to cause the Elk to voice announce a water alarm.  I also use it to voice announce a mailbox open alarm by pushing another Keypad F key.

Please let me know how I can do this.  Thanks!

• Solution
On 4/27/2023 at 7:47 PM, TheA2Z said:

Just bought the Elk node today and I am setting up.  So far so good.

One thing I cant figure out is how do I have an eisy program push an Elk Keypad F# button?  In ISY I had a program that if leak detector had a leak, it would programmatically push the F5 button on the ELK keypad to cause the Elk to voice announce a water alarm.  I also use it to voice announce a mailbox open alarm by pushing another Keypad F key.

Please let me know how I can do this.  Thanks!

There is an open issue regarding this. Currently, you can only trigger a program via function keys based on Status of Last Key.

image.thumb.png.d212e35f13462032b690e9d01705c2eb.png

You can read more about it here:

For now, a work around is to set an Elk output when a F key is pressed and then run the program when the output turns on/off. As described here:

However, in your case, you are looking to press a F key to have Elk speak, but I would ask why do it that way?

Why not just have the Elk node server tell Elk to speak the words?

image.thumb.png.bb0a274c4d246ab29ea305440367a965.png

image.png

Thanks @DennisC

For the mailbox voice alert, that is what I do just speak the words as you show.

For the water alarm, I want for it to actually activate the siren alarm in the house as well.  I programed a key on Elk keypad to set off water alarm that worked great with ISY.   I can do the speak words option for it as well.

Looks like it is in the enhancement list.  So I will use the words option for both alerts.

12 minutes ago, TheA2Z said:

Thanks @DennisC

For the mailbox voice alert, that is what I do just speak the words as you show.

For the water alarm, I want for it to actually activate the siren alarm in the house as well.  I programed a key on Elk keypad to set off water alarm that worked great with ISY.   I can do the speak words option for it as well.

Looks like it is in the enhancement list.  So I will use the words option for both alerts.

You can still either chirp the siren alarm x times or have the keypad beep. All you need to do is go to ElkRP2 and enable an output, you can call it Siren or whatever you want.

Next, create a rule that when the named output (ex: Siren) turns on, then either chirp the siren x times, or beep keypad, or both.

Back in ISY - Polisy - eisy, add to the Then portion of your program to turn the output you just created (ex: Siren) on for x time, or even cycle it on/off several times to get the desired effect.

• 3 weeks later...