Not able to update state variables via location services

roblombardo
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

I have lost the ability to update state variables via location services on Mobilinc about the time I updated to 5.6.0. Not sure if these are related, anyone else having this issue? H I’d hate to run UD mobile in the background just for geofencing.

• Solution
1 hour ago, roblombardo said:

I have lost the ability to update state variables via location services on Mobilinc

Take a look at this thread. If that applies to you. Since it seems Moblinc doesn't officially support the eisy there's not much that can be done, but I will say that it's still working for me on IoX 5.6.0.  

Another option (for iOS) is to run Locative + Occupancy node server (via UD Portal) to trigger geofence.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/2/2023 at 9:47 AM, Geddy said:

Take a look at this thread. If that applies to you. Since it seems Moblinc doesn't officially support the eisy there's not much that can be done, but I will say that it's still working for me on IoX 5.6.0.  

Another option (for iOS) is to run Locative + Occupancy node server (via UD Portal) to trigger geofence.

Thanks for the heads up. Establishing a direct IP connection allowed me to reconfigure and reconnect the variables. Going back to the portal connection switched the “Update ISY State Variable” toggle to off again and unset the variable. I’m going to run a direct IP connection for now. My use of geofencing is trivial anyway. I’m also experimenting with running UD mobile in the background solely for this purpose.

Edited by roblombardo
Clarification, additional information
  • Like 1