How to configure?

4 hours ago, fmorrissey said:

I'm trying to get the Blink NS to work but don't understand how to configure it. I got a notification of a new logon to my account but see errors in the log (attached). 

any help would be appreciated. 

Blink_5-7-2023_84019_AM.zip 5.39 kB · 0 downloads

Not sure what you have tried or what part of the instructions you have questions about?

Here is the setup instructions:

Setup

User needs provide username and password used for the Blink App. A one time/2way authentication may also be needed. In the case of 2 way autenticantion. Obtain the code using the Blink app and enter the data under configuration

The user must specify the sync unit(s) where the cameras are registered - A comman separated list is ok if more than 1 sync unit is being used. If no sync unit is used specify NONE

Note, the API does not handle special characters in the camera and sync names - please remove/rename those before setting upthe node

ShortPoll is heart beat from controller node, LongPoll updates data. Do not run update too often, as system may get throttled by Blink - Suggested to be more than 60sec between updates

Still to be done

I only have 3 camera types - Mini, doorbell and Outdoot (new) - I do not know the older camera's name. If you have those please enable debug and click update camera and provide log file and I can update this

Plan is to add ability to send pictures of emails/videos taken.

To be honest I never saw any setup information - maybe I don't know where to look.  

Can you tell me more about how to obtain the code using the Blink app and enter the data under configuration? When the node server tries to log on with my credentials, I get a text message with a verification code. Is this the code you mean? I don't see any way to get a code using the Blink app. And where in configuration would this code go? AUTH_KEY?

Thanks for your help,

Frank.

Since I don't use this node server and do not have any Blink devices, I can only guide you based on the information the node server creator provided, which I posted above. These instructions should have been on the Configuration page, if not, follow the link for Blink in the store and you should see a "More Info" button. Clicking that button will take you to the github page for the node server and the readme file is there.

If, when the node server tries to login, you receive a verification code of the same number of characters the node server Configuration page is looking for, yes that should be what you enter on the Configuration page.

• Like 1