eisy won't connect to PLM

frank

1: What is the correct color wiring and connected to where?

2: Unable to connect to PLM

3: right now I have the ethernet cable (gold or clear colored) connected to the side of the eisy. This is connected to the USB adapter which then connects to the PLM via the blue USB to Serial 2413S ver 2.1.

2 hours ago, frank said:

: What is the correct color wiring and connected to where?

PLM must connect to the eisy via USB. I'm not sure what color wiring has to do with that. It can be any color of USB cable you have.

2 hours ago, frank said:

3: right now I have the ethernet cable (gold or clear colored) connected to the side of the eisy. This is connected to the USB adapter which then connects to the PLM via the blue USB to Serial 2413S ver 2.1.

As @elvisimprsntr shows the path of cable and converter if you got the converter from UDI be sure you follow the pin out for the serial PLM kit.

Serial-to-RJ45-Connection-scaled-e167417

There is only one network jack on the eisy. That is ONLY for wired network connection. That is NOT where the PLM should connect. That's a change from the ISY994 that used a network cable to connect to the ISY994. But the PLM 2413S is a serial connection. There was another cable in the PLM box originally that had a network cable at one end and serial DB9 connector at the other end. Many did not keep that (or didn't realize it was tucked away in the packaging) and so need to go through the adaptor process and then DB9 to USB convertor cable to concect to the eisy. 

• Like 1