Bond vs MyQ misdirected trial purchase

Sparks

Something weird happened in the Node Server store - I selected the Bond trial but it actually purchased the MyQ trial.  Now the Bond trial option has disappeared but an option to install the MyQ trial is active.   There is no way back, it seems.

Is there something wrong with the setup of the Poly's?  Other people must have installed this Node Server already.  This happened on a brand new fully updated EISY/PG3X system.  I put in a ticket to UDI, but Michel pointed me to the developer for support.

I don't see a Bond node server Trial option in the Node Server Store either. I see that when I first released the PG3 version of the node server I noted there was a 1-month free trial. And IIRC when I uploaded the latest version to the Node Server store, I uploaded it for both the Trial and the Purchase options.

As far as the missing Trial option for the Bond node server and you getting the MyQ node server trial when you selected the Bond node server trial, those sound like database corruption problems in the Node Server Store to me, which we node server developers have no control over. That is a @bpwwer issue/question.

Edited by Goose66

I already checked the node server store database and everything looked fine. 

What is currently in the store database for Bond is just the one perpetual purchase option.  @Goose66 if you pull up the production Bond entry from your developer list, what do you see for options?

I've not heard of a case where the submission fails to include a purchase option, but that doesn't mean it can't happen.

I see no Bond trial option - just the purchase option. The submission was from a long time ago so it would have been something that was there, and is now gone. But more specifically, he is saying he selected Bond trial and got MyQ trial.

When the Bond PG3 node server was initially released there was a trial and a purchase option. I can’t say for sure that I kept the trial option over subsequent releases, however.

It is certainly possible that the OP thought he was installing a trial of Bond when he was really installing a trial of MyQ. But if that’s the case it’s mighty coincidental that such a mistake was made between two node servers from the same developer.

Edited by Goose66

@Sparks at this point there's no evidence that you ever actually purchased (or tried to purchase) the Bond node server.  All the logs we have access to show you activating a trial license for MyQ and trying to purchase MyQ.

The only log we don't have direct access to is the PG3 log on your system.  You'll probably have to do this via a file transfer process between your normal computer and the Polisy/eisy.  You can check that or copy it from your system and PM it it to me.

The log will be in /var/polyglot/pg3/logs and you'll want the one for the data that you were trying to activate/purchase Bond.  If that was Thursday, the log would be pg3-2023-06-01.log.gz

You can also request that someone do a remote session with you via the ticket you opened and we can remote in and review the file directly.

• Thanks 1

I looked in the logs and nothing obvious appears relating to the store.  I did see some store dumps in the logs and it is clear that the trial option is not there for Bond.  So I can't explain it, and I don't want to waste any more of your time, or my own.  I'll decide if I want to use Bond, I'll just buy it and hope it works.  Thanks for your help.