PG3 and PG2 Failure After Internet Service Went Down

Spectrum failed me yesterday for about 3 hours or so.  When service was restored, none of my PG3 or PG2 nodes came back online.  It has been about 18 hours and none of the nodes reconnected to their online data source (ie Tesla, Husqvarna, etc).  I restarted both PG2 and 3 and the nodes reconnected.  This was not node specific, it was all nodes.  Anyway, this really shouldn't happen.  They should be able to restore connections after losing internet on their own.  I believe that my public IP address did not change when Spectrum restored serviced based on my DDNS server logs indicating that I have had the same IP for a long time.

EDIT: Running on Polisy

Edited by apostolakisl
  • Like 1

I suspect that most node server consider a lose of connection to the device a fatal error.  They make the connection on start and fail if the connection is lost.

I agree that it would be better to attempt to re-connect and only fail if unable to reconnect for some period of time.  But I doubt most node server developers take the time do that.

I'm pretty confident that it would have nothing to do with the public IP address, it's just the way the node servers are defined to behave. 

• Like 1
On 6/11/2023 at 11:35 AM, Jimbo.Automates said:

I attempt to have my node servers recover from lost internet. So if it's one of mine please let me know.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

I have several of your node servers, but sadly, I can't confirm which ones didn't connect.  Some of the node servers are on LAN only so they weren't affected.  If memory serves, you did Elk and I have that one, but it is lan only.  And when I click on the node server store right now, it isn't working.  Nothing shows up so I can't see who wrote which nodes.

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I have the OpenWeatherMap Node.  I'm not getting information - it's all blank.  I tried going to Node Servers / Launch Polyglot V3.  I get the login page, enter credentials and nothing happens.  Not sure what to do to get it going again.

13 hours ago, kurelgyer said:

Not sure if this is the same thing, but I have the OpenWeatherMap Node.  I'm not getting information - it's all blank.  I tried going to Node Servers / Launch Polyglot V3.  I get the login page, enter credentials and nothing happens.  Not sure what to do to get it going again.

Open weather also stopped working on one of my two ISY's.  No idea why.  It is not blank, it is a bunch of zero's.  PG is saying there is an authentication error despite me confirming my api key is correct and active.  But I don't think this has anything to do with this thread topic.

2 minutes ago, apostolakisl said:

Open weather also stopped working on one of my two ISY's.  No idea why.  It is not blank, it is a bunch of zero's.  PG is saying there is an authentication error despite me confirming my api key is correct and active.  But I don't think this has anything to do with this thread topic.

Seems there was a PG update yesterday.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It would be better to move issues with OpenWeatherMap to the node server specific forum.  However, if you enable debug level logging, you'll see the actual URL that the node server is using to query data from the servers.  You can copy and paste that URL into a browser and see exactly what the server is returning.

@apostolakisl if the store isn't displaying you might want to try rebooting then refreshing the browser page.  It may be that PG3(x) doesn't have Portal credentials but something is cached and not allowing it to prompt you form them.

@kurelgyer If you can't log into PG3x and you don't get an error response when you try, it typically means that a system service on the eisy/polisy is hung and you'll need to reboot to get it working again. In some cases, you may need to run "Upgrade Packages" followed by a reboot.

26 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

It would be better to move issues with OpenWeatherMap to the node server specific forum.  However, if you enable debug level logging, you'll see the actual URL that the node server is using to query data from the servers.  You can copy and paste that URL into a browser and see exactly what the server is returning.

@apostolakisl if the store isn't displaying you might want to try rebooting then refreshing the browser page.  It may be that PG3(x) doesn't have Portal credentials but something is cached and not allowing it to prompt you form them.

@kurelgyer If you can't log into PG3x and you don't get an error response when you try, it typically means that a system service on the eisy/polisy is hung and you'll need to reboot to get it working again. In some cases, you may need to run "Upgrade Packages" followed by a reboot.

I got it to show up but only after restarting the entire polisy system.  It wasn't the browser, I tried multiple different browsers on different computers and log out/in several times.  Restarting PG3 did not fix, only restarting polisy.

Also, why are my purchases now all showing up twice on the purchase page?

And now my Tesla node server isn't working.  I deleted it from PG3, but that failed to delete it from ISY.  I had to manually remove from ISY under the node server tab.  I was then able to reinstall it, I put my token in, it says it is connecting to Tesla and shows my correct vin, but it isn't loading any nodes from Tesla and just has a single true/false item in ISY.  

44 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

A bug in the UI, reloading the browser page should correct it.

Now it isn't showing them at all.  Just says "standy".  PG3 was doing that with both purchases and the store and I had to reboot the entire polisy to fix it (restarting pg3 alone did not fix it).  After refreshing the page for purchases now it is back to showing "standby", though the store page still works.  tried logging out and back without resolution.

image.png.0b64d56282773b5979297616fb0fe657.png

Edited by apostolakisl