Admin Console not Responding - PC version

Go to solution Solved by DennisC,

I upgraded to the EISY (from ISY) a few months ago with no apparent problems. It has been performing as expected. I also installed UD Mobile on my Android phone. It has also been performing as expected. Give everyone 10 Gold Stars.

I have been making sue I keep up with the firmware updates followed by the System Reboot. I really do like the Reboot reminder that is given when you log back onto the Admin Console. 

I recently updated to version 5.6.2. Everything went as expected followed by the reboot reminder and the subsequent "reinstall" of start.jnlp. I typically perform a backup after these updates which I did after starting the Admin Console again. 

Fast forward about a week to today. I attempted to activate the Admin Console on my PC. I get the UD splash, but the Finder Window never appears. Everything appears to be working correctly. Programs and Schedules run. I can access everything through UD Mobile. Just cannot access via the Admin Console on the PC. I even performed the Clear Java Cache and "reinstalled" start.jnlp. Nothing. 

Any hints on what I am doing wrong since everything appeared to work correctly right after the firmware update. 

Thanks

• Solution

What platform are you running on, Windows or Mac?

Just as a guess, try clearing your state files:

Admin Console Minimized/Invisible and Cannot be Restored

This is usually related Admin Console state files not being updated properly and especially in case of multi monitors. All you need to do is to find the following files in Java temp directory (on Windows: c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Local\Temp) and delete them. Or, you can simply search the computer for udi_*.state or ud_*.state file patterns:

• ud_finder.state
  • udi_finder.state
  • udi_frame.state
  • udi_launcher.state
  • udi_pgm.state
  • udi_tree.state

There are some other causes for this, read about them here:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=Main_Page#ISY_Finder_does_not_find_ISY

• Like 1

Apologies for taking so long to reply. 

First, I am on a Windows 11 (PC) device.

Second, only the "ud_finder.state" file is in the directory you mentioned above. None of the other files exist. Only one (1) dot State file is in the directory.