Updated notification module question

gages97

UD Mobile installs and configures the Notification Plugin (Notification Node Server)  If you already purchased the Node Server you will just need to update to the latest version as your purchased version has more features.  However because UDM uses a new command your existing notifications will not show in My Notifications, although you can see them all from linked programs from the Node's Dashboard in UDM.

This feature also requires updates to IoX and PG3. So like all updates it is recommended you are on site in case a physical power cycle is needed.

1 hour ago, gages97 said:

I have a stock EISY with no addl node servers.  Not clear to me what this means.  Happy to pay foe any enhanced functionality just not clear on what needs to get done.

The UDMobile video shows that it installs the "Free" version of the Notification node server the advanced functionality is available with the Paid version.  I'm not aware of a wiki page describing how to update PG3 node servers, but one should be created if it's not available.

18 minutes ago, sjpbailey said:

Hello @Javiand @Jimbo.Automates

Ohh, so this explains why Eisy is notifying me on UDI Mobile and my Polisys are quiet. Update and wait till done.

How long will 15 node servers take to update to IOX during the upgrade process? Should I update from AC or Mobile?

Time to migraine, i mean migrate!

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=UD_Mobile#PG3_to_PG3x_Migration

Guys, I still do not understand the order of operations here.  Is it Upgrade to 5.6.2, then update UD Mobile?

When does the purchase of the Standard Module happen, and how is that installed on the EISY?

What becomes of my current notifications (i have 30+)?

7 minutes ago, gages97 said:

Guys, I still do not understand the order of operations here.  Is it Upgrade to 5.6.2, then update UD Mobile?

When does the purchase of the Standard Module happen, and how is that installed on the EISY?

If you already have notification node server installed, you don't have to do anything.

You can update to the latest, but please hold off, we just discovered an issue for existing users.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
13 hours ago, gages97 said:

i do not have the notification node server installed.  I am using network resources for notifications within programs

Am I confusing what I am doing with "notifications"?

The Network Resource method was created to allow ISY994 hardware the ability to send Push Notifications to UD Mobile as 994 does not include Node Server Support.  Although the Network Resource method will continue to work with Polisy/eisy.

The Notification Plugin (PG3 Node Server) simplifies the process of creating notifications without the need to "code" a network resource.  Creating Notifications from the Plugin also allows UD Mobile to query programs containing the Notification Plugin Node.  The ability to query programs allows UD Mobile to show the list of all notifications and list of notifications linked to a single device.

Using the Node Server also has other advantages over Network Resources, such as real time variable substitution (which is delayed in Network Resources, and variable may have changed).  If you upgrade to the paid version @Jimbo.Automates has implemented retries in case your internet is down or Portal is down.

13 hours ago, gages97 said:

Upgrade UD Mobile.  If a firmware update is required UD Mobile will show you this is required.  Nothing changes with your current notifications triggered from Network Resources. 

Just added the Notification plugin via UD mobile. Went well. Then purchased the standard version but now have this message on the details page for the node server. Not sure what this means.

This version of PG3 3.1.31 will not work properly with Pushover or UDPortal nodes, Please upgrade modules and restart PG3. isyVersion=5.6.2 isPG3x=True pg3Version=3.1.31
Just added the Notification plugin via UD mobile. Went well. Then purchased the standard version but now have this message on the details page for the node server. Not sure what this means.
This version of PG3 3.1.31 will not work properly with Pushover or UDPortal nodes, Please upgrade modules and restart PG3. isyVersion=5.6.2 isPG3x=True pg3Version=3.1.31
Yes, there are issues that are fixed in PG3 but it's not yet released, hopefully it will be today.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk