Support thread for: PG3x v3.1.32 (June 27, 2023)

4 minutes ago, bpwwer said:

"sudo service pg3 onerestart"  is the correct way.  And I do this sometimes dozens of times in a short period of time when debugging and doing feature development on PG3x, never once has it caused my eisy to crash.  If the Polisy is crashing, then something else is probably wrong.  PG3x should not have enough privilege to crash the Polisy/eisy.

I tried a test the other day and it crashed Polisy one out of 4 times.  Michel said restarting it crashed UDX but restarting UDX would not work either.  ISY worked fine,.Just polisy would not let me login.  It would load but no login.  Waited an hour and then finally restarted Polisy.  After looking at crash info he said never restart but your right it "should" work.  And 25% of the time it does. 

Its not too much more to just reboot everything so I will stick with that.

Just now, macjeff said:

I tried a test the other day and it crashed Polisy one out of 4 times.  Michel said restarting it crashed UDX but restarting UDX would not work either.  ISY worked fine,.Just polisy would not let me login.  It would load but no login.  Waited an hour and then finally restarted Polisy.  After looking at crash info he said never restart but your right it "should" work.  And 25% of the time it does. 

Its not too much more to just reboot everything so I will stick with that.

I missed spoke- Crashed PG3x not Polisy.  Everything else worked but no login to Pg3x even with waiting

10 minutes ago, macjeff said:

I missed spoke- Crashed PG3x not Polisy.  Everything else worked but no login to Pg3x even with waiting

That I would believe!  It probably isn't even crashing PG3x, as it is probably working correctly just unable to connect to UDX which means you can't log into the WebUI.  If it's having trouble with UDX then it also can't start/stop/install/remove node servers.

The communication issue with UDX is something that a number of people have experienced (I've seen it before too) but it hasn't been consistent enough for someone to be able to debug it.

Rebooting the Polisy/eisy makes sure everything is starting in the right order and should be a safe/clean method to get everything working.

• Like 1

Got a Polisy with 5.6.0 and PG3X 3.1.27 and it will not update at all...tried several times, reboots, etc...

It keeps telling me in AC i have updates available, but it wont update...

any ideas?

17 minutes ago, EWhite said:

Got a Polisy with 5.6.0 and PG3X 3.1.27 and it will not update at all...tried several times, reboots, etc...

It keeps telling me in AC i have updates available, but it wont update...

any ideas?

Try removing power from the Polisy for a minute, then try the update. Also verify that your firmware and UI are the same version.

Edited by Techman
Try removing power from the Polisy for a minute, then try the update. Also verify that your firmware and UI are the same version.

If core is at 3.1.33, UI will show 3.1.35. That is currently the latest release.

UI version being out of sync with core is normal at that version. It’s a known bug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
7 hours ago, Techman said:

Ive done that several times...no dice...

On 6/30/2023 at 8:23 AM, TheA2Z said:

I just did any Eisy upgrade packages now and rebooted.  I got a rsa signature verification error in cmd screen  see below.  Havent got that before.  It shows I upgraded to .31

image.png.17b1b23f650621be3a94d33176412ccc.png

image.thumb.png.8fcbb33a61a51d2cbe0ba18d2a06c443.png

This is fixed with new version I just installed working in a ticket with @Michel Kohanim

1. Rebooted Eisy
  2. Then did an upgrade packages and rebooted.

Dont get RSA error anymore.  Thanks @Michel Kohanim and team!

• Like 2
On 7/1/2023 at 10:49 PM, EWhite said:

Ive done that several times...no dice...

It finally went and updated...had to power down, waited 5 minutes, powered up, update packages, power down, reboot twice and it seems to be working.. hehehe

• Like 1