Can one Dim A Scene on Alexa (or Google) integration?

Insteon scenes are not designed to be dimmed. Just use several scenes and select one which suits your lighting mood at the time. I always control programs that operate Insteon scenes along with non-Insteon bulbs.

Alexa...turn on bright lights
Alexa...turn on T.V. lights (self ramps levels down as the night progresses)
Alexa...turn on Christmas lights
Alexa...turn on very dim lights
Alexa...turn off inside lights

• Like 1
1 hour ago, larryllix said:

Insteon scenes are not designed to be dimmed. Just use several scenes and select one which suits your lighting mood at the time. I always control programs that operate Insteon scenes along with non-Insteon bulbs.

Alexa...turn on bright lights
Alexa...turn on T.V. lights (self ramps levels down as the night progresses)
Alexa...turn on Christmas lights
Alexa...turn on very dim lights
Alexa...turn off inside lights

HI

Thanks

Darn,I was hoping to avoid this, as many scenes x many brightness levels = too many ;-) 

I regularly dim/brighten a given scene from a KP button and its not really time or event specific to automate.

Thanks for the clarification

My favourite one is TV lights. I have a raft of ISY programs to dim the bulbs slightly each half hour and reduce the cold whites to zero while maintaining some warm white. It works and after a few weeks we go to bed before midnight.

After experimenting with many calculated brightness levels based on the ISY clock, I have decided to just use time triggered programs to set my WW and CW level variables. When the individual bulb bank programs see the state variable change they update my bulb levels automatically. I use mostly MagicHome WiFi bulbs. They dim right down to 1% and have RGB as well as CW and WW and any combination of the above. They can also be controlled by apps and BT apps should my ISY brain go down or worse my router bite the dust. No cloud services required.

Edited by larryllix
  • Like 1