After migration to eisy, newly replaced KPL in permanent state of needing updates written

Oakland Jeff
Go to solution Solved by Techman,

The KPL that I replaced after upgrading to eisy is pretty much unreachable. The old one, before it died, worked just fine with the old ISY. I did a "Replace <device> with" and in AC at least it seemed to take on all the properties of its predecessor... except for the persistent unwritten updates "1011" icon.

Sadly, both KPLs are in a state of 1011, needing updates. By the way, in this state, with green 1011s, if I try to use AC to turn on or off the light, I get a Cannot Communicate error and the green 1011s are replace with a red "!".

This is the result of me trying to do a Show Device Links Table for one of troublesome KPLs. I should note that the Failed dialog appeared only about halfway through generating the coms in the Event Viewer.

2023-08-07 22.23.08.png

2023-08-07 22.23.27.png

Edited by Oakland Jeff
  • Solution

Your device link tables are corrupted. Did you try doing a restore device?

Also do a show device link tables for the eisy. If the eisy link tables for the KPL are corrupted, then you you'll have to delete the KPL from the eisy and re-link it.

Yes, both of my problem new KPLs are replacements for failed devices. I did a Replace With operation after the new KPL was installed, and restored each device too. This left them in a perma 1011 state, and unable to read the device link table. Here is what eisy thinks the link table should be. No idea how to tell if this is corrupt or not. I may just try to delete it and re-link it anyway.

2023-08-08 10.07.27.png