Query all not running

PapaBear
Go to solution Solved by Geddy,

@PapaBear did you migrate from the ISY994 to the eisy? It's possible that the program used the old name for the ISY994 and there might be a new device name in the eisy.

Just select the program, adjust the device to the name of the eisy and save the programs. It should clear up.

If not, you can delete the program and re-create it manually. 

Note that the Polisy and eisy do not come with the (old) default "query" program. 

1 minute ago, PapaBear said:

How do I do that?

• select the program
  • right click
  • choose "copy to clipboard"
  • paste in a reply 

That's the BEST way to share programs on the forums. It allows them to be searchable for others that might have issues, and helps anybody trying to help adjust/alter your programs by not having to type out changes.

<?xml version="1.0" ?><triggers><d2d><trigger><id>4</id><name>Query All Copy</name><parent>1</parent><if><and /><schedule><at><time>41040</time></at></schedule></if><then><comment> Warning:  Unrecognized Action (program may not run)&#x0A;&lt;cmd NODE=&quot;00:21:b9:02:31:79&quot; ID=&quot;QUERY&quot;/&gt; &#x0A;</comment></then><else></else><comment>Factory Query Program</comment></trigger></d2d></triggers>

@PapaBear nope you used "export to clipboard". The very last item is "COPY to clipboard".

It will provide a very nice and clean version of the program.

Like this:

00-Query All - KEEP 

If
        Time is  3:10:10AM

Then
        Set 'eisy' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Thank you both. Got it.

Next question. Why does my PLM LED blink when there is no Insteon communication traffic that I am originating?

Query All - [ID 0002][Parent 0001]

If
        Time is  4:35:00PM

Then
        Set 'ISY' Query

Else
   - No Actions - (To add one, press 'Action')

Factory Query Program

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, PapaBear said:

Why does my PLM LED blink when there is no Insteon communication traffic that I am originating?

No clue. My PLM isn't in a location that I can see/notice the LED so it doesn't bother me. More than likely there could be a program condition that is firing something back to the eisy, but that's just speculation. You can look at the summary tab in the programs tab to see if a program ran recently. 

If you're really bored (and apparently you are because you're watching a LED on the side of a device just plugged into the wall) you could open Admin Console then Event Viewer and set it to level 3 and watch for Insteon traffic. 

Otherwise...stop staring at the PLM! You'll break it! :D

So you got the query program cleaned up? Glad that was simple! 

25 minutes ago, PapaBear said:

Thank you both. Got it.

Next question. Why does my PLM LED blink when there is no Insteon communication traffic that I am originating?

It should stay a solid green, even with Insteon traffic.. Could be a defective led or a problem with the PLM power supply. If everything is working, I would ignore it.

• Like 1

I'm really not that bored. Trying to figure out why an insteon switch makes incandescent light flicker randomly. Figured it might be from comm traffic so I have put the PLM on my desk where I can see it. No activity on the Event Viewer at level 3.

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, PapaBear said:

I'm really not that bored. Trying to figure out why an insteon switch makes incandescent light flicker randomly. Figured it might be from comm traffic so I have put the PLM on my desk where I can see it. No activity on the Event Viewer at level 3.

1. bad bulb

2. Lose connection in the socket

3. The triac in the Insteon dimmer is on the way out

4. Voltage fluctuations in your light circuit

I found the section of the cookbook and followed the directions to set up SMTP for Google.

When I hit test I get this error message which is not listed in the cookbook section about gmail errors:

Mail Server Error

[[SMTP_ERRORS--1]]

• Solution
13 minutes ago, PapaBear said:

cookbook and followed the directions to set up SMTP for Google

Probably best to follow the directions in the wiki for that:

https://wiki.universal-devices.com/index.php?title=ISY994:Configure_Mail_Server_Settings

The wiki is more the living documentation type so it's been updated to be more accurate. The Cookbook was written/released once and hasn't been updated. It's mostly just a copy of the wiki at that moment in time and relates to 4.x firmware (in most situations...if memory serves.). While a lot of the parts of the cookbook still apply some parts are very outdated and the wiki is the more current documentation to reference.