Using a RemoteLink to control a scene thru ISY-26 programs

martymitchell

I have been using a RemoteLink to control several scenes in the conventional way but would like to simplify the setup by having the RemoteLink just trigger a program in the ISY-26 that activates the scenes.

What is the correct way to setup the program and will the buttons on the RemoteLink have the same functionality thru the ISY program as they had when linked to each device in the scenes? Will Fast On and the dimmer features still work or do I need to program each of these functions?

Thanks!

Marty Mitchell

I am not sure that I would consider this a simplification. If you want nothing more than to duplicate with ISY programs what can be done with scenes, this sounds more complicated to me. This also introduces a bit more latency into your system.

Regardless, you would have to set up a program (or multiple programs, most likely) to use the remote link commands as conditions, and define actions based on those conditions. You would have to define actions based on each condition (on, fast on, dim, bright). So, yes, you would have to program each of these functions.

You most likely would have to make adjustments to the existing scenes, otherwise the scene would continue to operate as it does now.

Archived