Adding Zwave Multichannel from UD Mobile - Bug?

MWoods329

Anyone else tried to add Zwave multichannel devices from UD Mobile?

A bit of back story: a while ago I had an issue with adding Zwave locks from UD Mobile, but attributed it to being pretty far away from the Zmatter dongle.  But just recently, I tried adding a multichannel zwave device that was hardwired and within several feet of the dongle and still had the same issue when adding from UD Mobile.

The actual event: generally speaking, everything was looking like it worked from the UD Mobile app.  I went to Admin --> Zwave --> Add and put the device in inclusion mode. 

But when I pulled up the IoX Launcher a few minutes later to see the new device, it was still busy adding.  And it wasn't just adding the lone device I had attempted to include, it was re-adding the same device under multiple nodes.

For the one device I tried to add the Zooz 700 Relay (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B096LLL1C6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1) it had added over nine times and was still going.  I tried to use the Zwave -> Advanced -> Stop adding but that didn't stop it.  Eventually, only a reboot stopped it.

I took a screenshot part of the way through and collected all of the logs just in case someone smarter than myself could tell me what was going on with that.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 215031.png

ISY-Events-Log.v5.6.4__Wed 2023.08.16 09.37.49 PM.txt

3 minutes ago, Javi said:

Did you enable or have the ZMatter Hardware?   Unless something changed the Zooz, 500/300 series modules all had ZW prefixes, ZMatter Zwave support has ZY prefixes.

This is a Zooz 700 series.

Yes, I have the Zmatter hardware, Zwave enabled and other Zwave devices already functioning.

When I add a Zwave multichannel (even the same device) via the Admin console, this behavior does not happen.   But when I add any Zwave multichannel device from the UD Mobile app, this happens.

3 minutes ago, Javi said:

If you enabled ZMatter then the UD Mobile will communicate with the ZMatter Hardware not Zooz Hardware. 

Do you have both connected?

The Zmatter hardware is the dongle connected to the eISY.  It is the only device connected to the eISY.

The Zooz hardware is the multichannel device sitting across the room that I'm trying to include in the Zmatter's network.

47 minutes ago, MWoods329 said:

The Zmatter hardware is the dongle connected to the eISY.  It is the only device connected to the eISY.

The Zooz hardware is the multichannel device sitting across the room that I'm trying to include in the Zmatter's network.

Ok Thanks for the clarification.  Was the QR Code used to add the device?

I own this Zooz device also. However it is connected to an older UD System which I will be migrating soon.  May try to replicate at that time.

1 hour ago, Javi said:

Ok Thanks for the clarification.  Was the QR Code used to add the device?

I own this Zooz device also. However it is connected to an older UD System which I will be migrating soon.  May try to replicate at that time.

I’ve tried both.  Same result.

• 2 weeks later...